Job description / Role
- The job holder is the primarily local Financial representative for the APPLC Saudi Arabian Branches that have been established to support and account for the Jazan project and the Technology Centre activities in Al Khobar.
Key responsibilities are
- Support timely and accurate submission of WHT and VAT returns and payments to the Saudi Tax Authorities and related registration requirements
- Support preparation of local Tax returns, Arabic ledger reporting and Financials statements in co-ordination with local advisors and the Technical Accounting team in Cornella
- Support the local Management and Project team as required re local Finance related activities including monitoring and reporting IKTVA
- vi) Represent Air Products in front of the Tax Authorities as required to support local compliance processes
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- WHT reporting and payment, preparation and delivery of vendor WHT certificates.
- Supporting preparation of local Tax returns and payments, annual financial statements and the maintenance of a local Arabic General ledger in co-ordination with local advisors and Central AP Accounting team.
- Supporting the preparation and submission of the VAT reporting monthly or quarterly and other compliance process and related registration requirements in coordination with local advisors and Central AP VAT team.
- Be the first point of contact with the GAZT auditors to attend requirements and provide timely answers to these requirements.
- Continuously monitor, download and share with Central AP Accounting Tax and VAT teams any documents posted by GAZT in the ERAD portal, any other tax notifications which require quick actions. Download BAYAN documents from customs portal and reconcile with vendor invoice.
- Other accounting and project support as required.
- Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Building Customer Loyalty
- Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions.
- Engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
- Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
Contributing to Team Success
- Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Managing Work (Includes Time Management)
- Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
- They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Air Products Values
- All Air Products divisions are committed to the effective use of the AP Values.
- It is important that all employees understand and utilize these values when performing the duties of his/her position.
- Quality encompasses all aspects of AP’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system.
- All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.
- Ability to work independently whilst in co-ordination with relevant internal and external accountants, advisors and the Tax authorities
- Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years general accounting experience in KSA with an International company.
- Experience of KSA Tax and WHT issues and requirements for an International company
- Good communicator and the ability to work independently with limited direct supervision
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.