Job description / Role
The role is primarily to maintain and be responsible for the input and accuracy of the Company’s accounting transactions and records, including reconciliations of the accounts and the preparation of the required statutory and management financial reports. They will supervise an Assistant Accountant in carrying out these tasks.
They will report to the Finance Manager and in his absence report to CEO.
• Responsible for the full cycle of accounting duties or supervision of others in the basic tasks, such as accounts payable and receivable,
• Ensure accurate coding and entry of supplier invoices and expense claims by the Accountants,
• Supervise the preparation of payments, and sales invoices to go to customers and ensure liaison with Operation Managers in doing so,
• Carry out any of the book-keeping tasks of the Assistant Accountant in the event of absence or as and when required to ensure all deadlines are met,
• Supervise all the company's banking needs.
• Maintain the fixed asset records of the company and to prepare and enter the Journals to the related accounts such as fixed assets and depreciation,
• Prepare the required accruals and prepayments entries and maintain the schedules in support thereof.
• Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled;
• Month end analysis of the trial balance and make any necessary adjusting journal entries to correct discrepancies.
• Resolve any accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
Financial Statements and Budgets
• Prepare and review the monthly management accounts in the format agreed with the Finance Manager and CEO.
• Prepare other periodic reports as requested.
• Main point of contact for the auditors.
• Initial working of forecast and budgeting process and will work with the Finance Manager in doing so.
• Compliance with tax authorities and other regulatory bodies;
• Oversee the payroll for the Companies employees and for the staff on jobs.
• Supervision or handling of payroll in the absence of the payroll accountant to ensure all payroll deadlines are met.
• Responsible for supervising junior staff who are allocated to deal with basic tasks, such as data entry of accounts payable invoices and preparing bank payments.
• Organize workflow and verify accuracy of the work of their subordinates.
• The education requirement for this position is a bachelor's degree in accounting.
• The minimum experience requirement for this position is 5 years in similar position.
• They should have knowledge of policies and practices associated with payroll and benefits administration
• They should also have a good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and have an excellent knowledge of manual accounts preparation.
• They should also have a good knowledge of Saudi tax and statutory requirements
• They should be competent in working with Excel and with accounting package.
• It is imperative that the suitable candidate has fluent English in speaking, writing and typing and be competent in using business terminology in that language.
The candidate should have
• Good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Excellent analytical and organisational skills,
• They should have the ability to work independently with little supervision;
• They should have the ability to prioritise and to work to tight deadlines;
• They should have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and verbally;
• They must be able to keep client and staff matters strictly confidential.
• They should have initiative and be aware when the use of initiative is required.
• They should have supervisory and leadership potential
About the Company
Precise Trace Recruitment is the first choice for companies who believe in the value of their people.
We attract the best candidates because they value our commitment to their career. We focus on delivering the maximum return on investment for all concerned while building long term successful relationships.
Our specialist technical consultants are industry leaders, with successful and well-established networks in their field. We supply permanent, contract and temporary staff across a range of role types including; Technical Professionals, Sales and Marketing, PR and Communications, Business Support, and Executive Search and Selection.
Precise Trace consultants are consistently recognized for outstanding service delivery through multiple industry awards. We do not compromise on who we hire and nor do we expect our clients to. The highest level of service delivery starts with ensuring we have the highest quality staff within our own organization. We set our standards extremely high so you deal only with professionals who have the capability to understand your business. The result is value for your investment and a partnership that is mutually respectful.