Accounting Director (Real Estate)
Job description / Role
To plan and direct the development and implementation of accounting, tax and statutory reporting strategies and policies for the company and act as the subject matter expert and advice and guide all aspects of review and implementation of accounting standards.
The client is a real estate entity based in Jeddah with a mandate to develop some important residential and commercial sites.
General Accounting Management
* Direct the execution of all accounting activities to ensure that all financial transactions and fixed assets are accurately registered to the General Ledger according to local and international accounting standards.
* Ensure that the accounting operations are in adherence to the corporate policies and procedures and that adequate internal control is implemented in the accounting system of the company to provide reliability, integrity, and accurate historical information to support management decision making.
* Manage the review and analysis of all schedules of general ledger accounts for weekly, monthly, or year-end closing, perform monitoring and oversight on the closure of general ledgers and ensure alignment with the finance department overall strategy and plans.
* Manage the investigations into the mismatches on bank reconciliations/ balance sheet reconciliations and follow-up on the underlying causes and resolve the issue.
Financial Reporting Management
* Lead the timely preparation of all the financial, accounting, and year-end statements including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statement (quarterly, semi-annual, annual) and reconciliation of schedules, for both management and local authorities according to the local and International Accounting Standards (IAS).
* Manage the effective preparation, review, and analysis of the the company's consolidated monthly financial statements and management report in line with the internal timetable to ensure accuracy and completeness.
* Conduct financial assessments prior to any audits, to ensure all controls, policies and procedures are in place and leading proactively the closure of any gaps.
* Ensure compliance with applicable financial reporting and that effective internal controls are in place.
Tax and Compliance Management
* Implement all applicable tax regulations through continuously monitoring changes on tax regulations and providing consultations with regards to tax calculation and payments to ensure that the company complies with these regulations and is properly implementing the latest regulations and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxations legislation.
* Review monthly and annual tax calculations, prepare payment vouchers, record, and monitor tax payments to ensure accuracy and completeness.
* Lead the preparation and submission of tax reports to the company management and regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with legislative regulations.
* Ensure compliance with all relevant finance laws, rules, regulations, statutory reporting, and disclosure requirements.
* Act as a key point of contact with external auditors and regulatory bodies so that they are kept appropriately informed of the company's financial status and satisfied of integrity of the management practices.
* Provide internal/ external auditors with the necessary information and explanations about the activities of the department to ensure compliance with the company policies and standards
* Opportunity to be part of a high growth company in Jeddah
* Excellent career progression prospect
* Knowledge of Accounting policies, procedures, and guidelines.
* Knowledge of Accounting practices and principles.
* Knowledge of IFRS and IAS and other local and international accounting frameworks.
* Knowledge of automated accounting systems.
* Knowledge of legislative and reporting frameworks/procedures.
* Strong planning and organizing skills.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Strong Communication skills.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Director of Financial Affairs and Accounting
|Saudi Arabia||24 Mar|
Emirates Consulting Group (ECG)
Majestic Medical & Technical Supplies
|Abu Dhabi||14 Apr|
Senior Finance Manager (FMCG Background)