Accounting Staff Analyst
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an Accounting Staff Analyst to join our Unconventional Resources Planning & Performance Management Division (UR P&PM).
Unconventional Resources is part of the Upstream business line with a mandate to explore, develop and produce unconventional gas and associated hydrocarbon liquids in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The UR P&PM division provides finance, accounting, and planning support to Unconventional Resources operational departments encompassing drilling and stimulation, seismic, facility planning, and production operations. In this highly visible role, UR P&PM routinely interacts with representatives from Saudi Aramco Finance, Corporate Planning, Upstream and Supply Planning functions.Your primary role will be to work closely with internal stakeholders to support operations and ensure financial accountability in accordance with company guidelines.
• You will be required to perform the following duties:
• Perform analytical and staff accounting functions in the areas of revenue recognition, cost management, budgeting and performance management.
• Support monthly close process and related reporting activities.
• Compile and consolidate financial information for use by management.
• Prepare and analyze capital cost for Asset managers.
• Assist in profitability analysis.
• Be proactive and promote a culture of continuous business process improvements.
• Provide mentorship and guidance to other UR P&PM analysts. Perform other related duties, as assigned.
• As the successful candidate you will have a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting or finance.
• You will have a minimum of 10 years' experience, with a strong preference of 15 years, in the oil and gas industry.
• You will possess demonstrated experience in accounting, budgeting, planning, performance management, capital management, expenditure analysis or related finance and accounting functions.
• Prior experience with shale/unconventional gas operations is strongly preferred.
• You must possess working knowledge of applicable International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• You should also hold relevant professional certification - CPA, CMA, CA, CGMA, CAPPA, or equivalent.
• Master Degree is a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is required with SAP knowledge highly desired.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.