Job description / Role
We are looking for a passionate Accounts Payable Assistant to join our team at Banyan Tree.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Verify that all invoices are supported by duly approved purchase orders when applicable, signed receiving documentation and/or the approval of authorized management personnel.
- Ensure invoices have relevant documents such as PO, AFE, Contract etc
- Verify the invoices to check the unit of issue. Unit price, quantity, extension against the hotel purchase order and receiving advice.
- Code invoices to the appropriate general ledger account and submit to Chief Accountant for verification.
- Obtain approval for invoices from the appropriate department prior to processing the invoice on the accounts payable system.
- Ensure invoices without relevant supporting documents are approved by respective Department Heads or Division Heads
- Ensure invoices are correctly posted into system either manually or through the FMC upload file.
- Maintain approved up-to-date vendor/supplier database on the accounts payable system.
- Print & submit cheques with all supporting documents to the Director of Finance & General Manager for their signatures.
- Prepare manual cheques as they are required if directed by the Director of Finance or Assistant Financial Controller.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the purchasing, receiving and cost control staff.
- Reconcile main vendor statements monthly in order to ensure that the account is kept current.
- Check vendor statements as they are received and resolve all discrepancies directly with the vendor.
Your experience and skills include:
- Creativity, Stress Management, Self-Development, Listening and Oral Skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to delegate and organize work flow
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Leadership skills
- Managing, training and instructing skills
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Degree in Accounting
- Familiarity with hotel operating systems ( Opera PMS- POS)
- Minimum 3 years experience in a 5 star Hotel or Resort and in a similar role.
- Luxury hotel or resort background preferred
Your team and working environment: Banyan Tree will operate and expand the Ashar luxury camp, embracing the region's Arabian heritage to blend in seamlessly with the Ashar Valley's striking natural scenery and stand in the heart of AlUla's planned "living museum" experience. Situated near AlUla's signature mirrored Maraya Concert Venue, the camp recently hosted guests of the annual Winter At Tantora cultural festival, elevating visitors' experiences by connecting them with AlUla'snature, art, and ancestry.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.