Job description / Role
Candidate should have the below technical skills:
- 11g/12c/19c General RDBMS Issues and DBA activities.
- Installing, Designing, Configuring, Administering and troubleshooting of oracle 11g/12c Databases.
- Administer the complete Oracle environment including databases, Applications and services.
- Monitor database conditions throughout the network including server Side and client side.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Installation, configuration and upgrades.
Backup and Recovery
- Database Backup (RMAN and User-Managed Backupâ€¦.etc)
- Backup strategies according to workload.
- Database Restore using different methods.
- Database Recovery by using User-Managed recovery Method or RMAN method.
- Complete recovery (to the most current point in time).
- Incomplete recovery by using one of the following methods:
- Time-Based Recovery - Cancel-Based Recovery.
- Tablespace Point in Time Recovery.
- Oracle Secure Backup.
- Fixing corruptions and using DULL tool.
- Have knowledge to export and import any of database objects (tablespaces, usersâ€¦full database).
- Export/Import using Oracle Data Pump utility.
- SQL Loader
- Database Character set conversion
Migration /Upgrades and loading data
- Migrating database any release into 11gR2/12c/19c databases.
- Performing different database upgrades from/to different releases using all types of upgrades.
- Migrating (Moving) databases from server to another with minimal down time.
- Loading data into any Oracle database release.
- Database migrations using all methods including Golden Gate, Transportable Tablespaces, Transportable Database.
Oracle Data Guard
- Configuring, administering and troubleshooting standby (logical/physical) databases environment in single DB instance and RAC/ASM environments.
Oracle Real Application Cluster/ASM
- Installing, Patching, Upgrading administrating and Troubleshooting RAC environments / ASM.
- RAC High Availability Test.
- Database Vault
- Audit Vault and Database Firewall
- Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
- Virtual Private Database (VPD)
- Oracle Data Masking & Redaction
- Oracle Label Security
Systems - Exadata
- Exadata configuration, Administration, Patching, Baremetal restore, Performance Tuning, Migrations, Upgrades, DBFS, VLAN tagging and HCC compression.
- Exadata IORM implementations.
- Exadata High Availability Test.
- ZFS storage configuration and administration for backup and recovery.
Oracle Golden Gate
- Golden Gate Installation Configuration.
- Golden Gate replications Classic , Integrated and Coordinated.
- Oracle database migration using Golden Gate
- Golden Gate performance.
- Golden Gate Veridata installation and configuration for creating comparisons.
- Golden Gate Plugin for OEM
Oracle Performance Tuning
- Troubleshooting different performance issues
- Hang analysis & Cluster eviction issues
- SQL Tuning with different methodologies , SQL Profiles , SPM and SQL restructure
- Gather Statistics with different strategies based on workload and business
- Oracle Real Application Testing (RAT).
- Oracle SQL Performance Analyzer (SPA)
- Database Tuning , Memory Tuning , Backup Tuning & Data Pump Tuning
- Works with different performance utilities AWR, ADDM , ASH and others.
- Database Resource Manager (DBRM)
Enterprise Manager & Cloud
- Installation of Enterprise Manager Systems
- Patching and Upgrade of OEM to different versions
- Engineered System Machine Discovery ( Exadata , Super Cluster and ZFS)
- Install Different Plugins , Siebel , Golden Gate
- Email Notification for different metrics and thresholds
- Good Knowledge of Cloud Management including Paas , DBaas , Service catalogue and Snap Clone
- Migrating Oracle Databases to Database as a Service.
Business and communications skills are mandatory required, selected candidate will be working along with sales/pre-sales to build LoEs and customer orientation meetings.
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.