Job description / Role
American Senior Architect Opportunity – Yanbu, Saudi Arabia
• Perform Architectural work to meet the overall city development program requirements and standards.
• Review A/E contractor design drawings, specifications, and calculation submittals; and, coordinate the same with the work of other disciplines.
• Coordinate Architectural/Engineering activities with those of other disciplines and project management team within the Engineering Department; and, also Royal Commission
• Departments as and where necessary.
• Provide technical advice to other sections within the MSC and the Royal Commission.
• Prepares proposals for design work including sketches and cost estimates for labor, equipment, and materials.
• Process submittals/substitution requests during construction and address RFI's.
• Prepare technical specifications, conceptual schemas and scope of work descriptions.
• Prepare Request for Proposal (RFP) documents with design concepts.
• Provide technical assistance during pre-bid conferences, proposal evaluations, and post-award or other contract conferences and value engineering.
• Review vendor and shop drawings, and construction materials.
• Perform field inspections and provide professional field support and construction trouble shooting as necessary during construction phases.
• Perform forensic support work and offer cost effective optimal remedial solutions.
• Assist in setting out Quality Control (QC) terms related to Architectural construction materials and their correct usage.
• Prepare interface layouts and provide solutions for conflicts.
• Prepare quality and presentation conscious technical correspondence, reports, and studies
USD 12,000 to 16,500 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: full benefits, free family or single Western accommodations, relocation, monthly expat allowance and other benefits typical with working for a major American firm overseas.
• Nationality American
• Aged not over 55 (due to Visa restrictions)
• Bachelor's degree in Architecture (B. Arch) from western recognized university
• Minimum of 12 (twelve) years of postgraduate professional experience in Architectural field
• Candidates must have experience with US Codes be able to train Saudi employees on US standards.
• US or registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) is required.
• Considerable knowledge of the practices and principals of design.
• Must have sound overall experience in problem solving field-based engineering and construction troubleshooting.
• In depth working knowledge of Architectural and international Building Codes.
• Extensive experience with building use classifications and analysis for fire safety and life safety codes.
• Extensive experience with building technology and materials.
• Strong/working experience of AutoCAD. Working knowledge of 3D modeling software is a plus.
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• Experience working in and/or with local municipalities in design and coordination of infrastructure projects with other agencies.
• Saudi experience a plus.
• Project management experience in managing design projects is preferred.
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.
Head of Design / Senior Architect / Project Specifier
A Leading Manufacturing Company In The UAE
Experts Plus Recruitment Services
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Senior Project Manager
Currie & Brown
Senior Design Manager
Currie & Brown