Job description / Role
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Global Business Services Cloud Center of Competency is a leader in Cloud solutions. IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
As a part of the multi-cloud team, we are looking for architects with extensive experience of open-source technologies. Join us to learn new technologies and expand your core base of expertise while help integrating IBM and OpenSource technologies through real world engagement. In this role you will lead cloud application opportunities towards adoption of container orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Openshift). You will play a key role in our customers' evolution in enterprise development and help make our solutions both practical and workable for their businesses. You'll work to gain an understanding of customer application landscape including infrastructure and business needs, make recommendations that resolve their issues, and help them make strategic decisions. You'll then build enterprise applications and capabilities around cloud technologies to streamline development and allow for continuous feature release of applications.
We are seeking a candidate who have designed, architected cloud native applications on Openshift. Lead teams of developers and own proof of concepts. Strong experience on ability to walk through the journey of Mono to Microservices is mandatory.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in hybrid-cloud computing with Kubernetes container platforms; thereby becoming a trusted advisor to influential decision makers.
- Initiate a conversation with CXo's towards adoption of their business applications on Hybrid Cloud Platform with a value based approach
- Provide end-to-end technical guidance and expertise on how to effectively use PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service ) to build solutions on business applications;
- Work with clients and IBM teams to identify business problems and provide innovative solutions to evangelize and accelerate the adoption of Kubernetes technologies.
- Design and implement target applications application architecture based on Kubernetes framework with prospective clients, assess architecture needs for projects, work with Development leads and Designers to scope and craft proposals.
- Must have designed and deployed atleast 2 microservices application architecture on Kubernetes or Openshift and ability to develop work products during the project lifecycle
- Work to harvest best practices and document lessons learned as part of continuous improvement of our offerings.
- Be proficient in atleast one cloud providers, such as IBM Cloud, RedHat OpenShift, AKS, EKS or Kubernetes
- Hybrid cloud knowledge towards developing Kubernetes based Infrastructure architecture or deployment experience is not a must
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A relevant experience of over 10 - 12 years of designing Application architecture experience (Java or .net) is must
- Atleast over 1.5 years of hands on implementation experience on Kubernetes
- A solid background in technical consulting, with demonstrated IT experience in solving customer's business applications.
- Experience in building cloud native and ready applications
- Previous commercial experience with architect / build technologies with containers and container management technologies like Kubernetes (preferred) or Openshift
- Proven technical experience with frameworks like Java, Spring Boot, Service mesh
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Solid project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- A well-established career within the consultancy space
- Certified Red Hat OpenShift Certified on Container application or equivalent Kubernetes certification is must
- Supporting experience on OpenStack and Ansbile Automation will be a advantage
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.