Job description / Role
Assistant Front Office Manager
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, every guest interaction is an opportunity to create a lasting memory. Your leadership as Assistant Front Office Manager will inspire your team to be brand ambassadors, while providing engaging, sincere, personalized service is one of the ways our Front Office Colleagues are turning moments into memories for our guests at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Front Office Manager in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed.
- Provides managerial support for Reception, Royal Service, Fairmont Gold and Guest Services in the daily operational duties for these areas.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Ensure proper staffing and scheduling of all Front Office Colleagues in accordance to productivity guidelines.
- Communicate through pre-shift logs, emails and departmental meetings all pertinent information for the respective shift and areas of operation.
- Train supervisors and fulfill training role in the absence of the trainer.
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way.
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards.
- Follow all safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passion for guest service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Degree/Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset.
- Fluency in English is an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years previous proven supervisory experience.
- Must have the ability to handle a multitude of tasks and guest requests.
- Knowledge of Micros-Opera Property Management System an asset.
- Should possess or seek certification in basic first aid.
- Strong guest service orientation and training skills background required.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
- Experience with a hotel loyalty program an asset.
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.