Job description / Role
Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Housekeeping is the heart of the hotel! As an assistant HK Manager, you will lead Housekeeping team on the ground to take ownership of guest rooms, ensuring that our guests are provided with a clean, comfortable space. In addition, you will play an important part in creating memorable experiences for our guests and colleagues.
Hotel Overview: Raffles Makkah Palace promises the exceptional standards inherent in the Raffles name and enhanced by Arab hospitality values. Raffles Makkah Palace offers 214 Suites & duplex Villas with breathtaking views of the Masjid Al Haram, the Holy Ka'aba and the city. The hotel combines the best of local cuisine and international dishes in each of its four outlets creating a unique and welcoming atmosphere in this diving setting. Guests can also indulge and immerse themselves in a relaxing sensory experience in our world renowned spa and fitness center or hold high-powered business gatherings in any of our state-of-the-art meeting rooms.
The main responsibilities of the Assistant Housekeeping Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the Housekeeping Manager in the day to day operation; leading and supervising a team of Room Attendants to achieve our high standards of cleanliness and luxury
- Deliver daily briefings with the Room Attendant team, highlighting VIP's and setting daily initiatives
- Enhance your attention to detail, to help drive cleanliness and presentation results
- Develop your communication skills and liaise with other departments in the hotel, helping to deliver smooth service to all guests
- Inspect guest rooms, with a focus in providing unique and magic moments for our guest
- Coaching Room Attendants throughout the daily operation, providing feedback to enhance quality of their work
- Work in tandem with our in house laundry team to ensure the operation runs effectively and efficiently
- Keep our guests at the forefront of your mind, tailoring our housekeeping offering to meet their unique needs
- Be heavily involved with recruiting the best new talent for our Housekeeping team
- To assist with the inspection of VIP rooms
- Conduct room audits and spot checks
- Enforce the grooming policy in line with the Raffles standards
- Co-ordinate agency staff if and when required
- Perform administration duties
- 2-4 years in Housekeeping Management or related area
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail, highly responsible, organized & reliable
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team while setting and completing individual deadlines
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.