Job description / Role
Burj Rafal Hotel Kempinski
Burj Rafal Hotel Kempinski blends the Arabian values of hospitality and warmth with Kempinski management expertise and our remarkable European flair to bring you 349 rooms and suites with inspired, tasteful and stylish modern Najdi architecture
A peaceful oasis amidst a dynamic city, the hotel offers a wide range of outstanding services. These begin with an exquisite variety of dining experiences in exceptional restaurants, and go on to include exclusively distinguished lounges, a classic European spa, a barber shop, fitness center and two separate swimming pools for men and women.
IT Assistant Manager
This position is responsible for managing all local computer technology and services in the Hotel which can include, but is not limited to: networks, hardware, operating systems, anti-virus, internet access and all related systems, office automation and email systems, departmental systems for front office, back office, sales & catering, personnel, spa, and other network based software supporting these systems; network security and compliance; where not the responsibility of the Engineering department, cabling, access control system, voice and guest technologies.
The role will be responsible for management of the IT and potentially AV staff in the hotel. The Director of IT role is only for larger hotels in MEA and China Regions.
- Manage all functions of the Food Production and Stewarding operations to achieve the optimum departmental profit.
- Plan and organize with the Director of Food and Beverage successful Food and Beverage activities in the hotel and abroad.
- Keep an up-dated hotel policies and procedures file.
- Work with the People Services Manager to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive.
- Plan for future staffing needs.
- Ensure training needs analysis of Kitchen staff is carried out and training programmes are designed and implemented to meet needs (in collaboration with the Training Manager where applicable).
- Conduct probation and formal performance appraisal in line with company guidelines.
- Maintain up to date staff records and approves leave requests.
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Participate in the preparation of the hotel's revenue plan and marketing programmes.
- Determine with the Finance Director the minimum and maximum stocks of all food, material and equipment.
- Work with Finance in the preparation and management of the department's budget.
- Demonstrate awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure all direct reports do the same.
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Implement and practice HACCP.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Eligible for a working permit in country of hire
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar size 5 star property in a similar capacity is preferred
- English - excellent oral and written skills Kempinsk
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.