Job description / Role
Assistant Manager - Data Management and Governance, D&A, Technology Consulting
Joining EY's Data and Analytics team in this exciting period of growth will offer a huge variety of opportunity to make a tangible impact to our clients businesses and to your career. We provide constant room for growth through client engagements and personal development. Our practitioners develop and lead innovative data techniques and methods, supporting both business and technology leaders. This role provides the unique opportunity to build a professional network, tackle complex data issues, and drive cutting edge approaches across industry leading clients and domains. The experiences you gain here will be more valuable than anywhere else.
We are currently seeking management consultants with experience in the various data management related capabilities - including data governance, data operating model, data strategy, etc.- to lead and implement leading-edge data management and strategy projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Help our clients establish Data Management and Governance programs and drive data ownership into the client businesses
- Perform Data Management and Governance reviews, Data Maturity assessments
- Assist with implementation of the Data Management and Governance programs within the client organization
- Conduct current state assessments, evaluate assessment results, and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner
- Assist with data architecture reviews and advise on data solutions that pertain to Data Governance programs (Data Catalogue, Data Quality, Business Glossary, data tools/software, metadata management, master data management, Lineage)
Skills and attributes for success
- Be self-motivated and passionate about data management and governance
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage project delivery
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 7+ years of experience in and understanding of concepts and frameworks pertaining to Data Management- Data Governance, Data Policy, Data Lineage, Data Models, Data Quality, Data Risk and Control Frameworks, Data Literacy, Reference Data Management, Metadata Management
- Experience within data management and governance. Possess knowledge of frameworks, standards and regulatory requirements related to Data Governance, Data Management - DAMA, BCBS239, CCAR, etc.
- Worked with or have an understating of EDM Council DCAM assessment or an alternative data maturity assessment; be certified in EDM Council DCAM Assessment
- Experience with data management tools such as Collibra, Informatica, Ataccama, etc.
- Advanced problem-solving skills, superior communication (verbal and written)
- Experience working independently, efficiently, and effectively under tight timelines and delivering results by critical deadlines
- Experience with client-facing activities requirements gathering, presentation creation, and ability to prepare client ready deliverables
- Experience of Agile and traditional SDLC delivery methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Ideally, you'll also have
- Prior consulting experience preferred
- Project management and process development expertise in client serving roles
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
What we offer
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance . We Also offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build!
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region