Job description / Role
Your key responsibilities
- Provide high quality professional day-to-day management of internal/external audit engagements/projects and understand EY's practices and service offerings and identify potential opportunities to improve such service offerings
- Lead and support the on-site coordination role for audit clients including planning, briefing team on the client's IT environment and industry IT trends, coaching and mentoring staff, communicating with the clients and completing audit engagements
- Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and the value to be delivered.
- Prepares IT external audit reports on the adequacy and effectiveness of control structure, along with practical recommendations to improve the effectiveness, efficiency of a control or process.
- Able to discuss and resolve IT audit issues and recommendations with client management. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex information systems and apply it to client situations.
Skills and attributes for success
- Highly professional with ability to work in challenging, diverse and evolving client environments
- Flexible with the ability to learn quickly and leverage skills in new situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to build strong client relationships
- Strong team working skills are essential
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- A passion to contribute to the growth of the practice
- Strong experience interacting with clients at all levels including Staff, Leadership and Partners: Strong written, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to coach and mentor junior staff on engagements.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in IT external and/or internal audit
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Business Administration, Commerce, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other relevant program required.
- Possessing relevant accounting / audit designation(s) or working towards one (e.g. CPA, CIA, and/or CISA) is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of COBIT, ITIL, or other IT frameworks would be as asset.
- Experience with data and analytics tools such as ACL; providing IT support to non IT auditors. Proficiency using SharePoint and MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, OneNote and PowerPoint Willingness to travel
Ideally, you'll also have
- Hands on experience with project management or IT operations based in large enterprise resource planning systems such as JD Edwards, Oracle and SAP or information security would be an asset.
What we look for
- As an ambassador for the Technology Risk team, you will need to build a strong network internally and be able to exceed our clients' high expectations. We are seeking high performing individuals who have been recognised for exceeding expectations.
Core consulting skills:
- Advanced data & evidence management, client management on remediation programmes, driving innovation & continuous improvement
- Strong technical insight, practical knowledge & capability in your specialist capability
- Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition,
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today .
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region