Job description / Role
We are seeking an ambitious, talented, organized Assistant Project Manager (Saudi National) to join our growing company. In this role, your talent and efforts will be essential to the day-to-day management and successful completion of exciting, high-profile project, and company.
You will work closely with The Project Manager and will build diverse experience in the areas of permitting, scheduling, procurement, document control and other essential functions.
You will be empowered to grow, to take charge, and to make an impact, and will have a great chance for excellent development opportunities.
Under direction of the Project Manager, manages all on-site activities for our project. This includes directing and coordinating subcontractor activities in accordance with project/client procedures, scope of work, and contract specifications.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: (The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to :)
- Collaborates with Project Manager to establish project schedule and budget, and monitors progress in meeting schedule and budget requirements
- Collaborates with Project Manager to determine number of hours required for successful completion of project tasks
- Assist in deploying the project strategy and meeting established profit goals
- Collaborates with equipment suppliers, contractors, and consultants to plan work, including development of means and methods, preparation of work plans, and management of subcontractors
- Actively promotes and supports safety policies and monitors the job site for good safety practices. Ensures that Project Safety Plan is communicated to and implemented by all parties involved
- Actively promotes and supports quality control management plan including the development of documentation, processes, and inspection protocols
- Monitor and maintain the procurement schedule; proactively identify and resolve problems, track status of the schedule on a weekly basis and make updates and adjustments timely and accurately
- Assist in the submittal process; track submittal status and follow up on open items, review and distribute submittals to Architect/subcontractors in a timely manner and cross check the submittal log against the procurement schedule
- Assist throughout the permitting and Certificate of project processes and requirements
- Assists Project Manager in pricing and negotiating changes to the scope of work with all parties involved
- Reviews bid documents and assists with solicitation activities. Documents and executes changes in project scope
- Establishes objectives, follow up and reporting on work progress
- Anticipates problems and works with suppliers, engineers, subcontractors, vendors, and Project Manager to implement corrective action
- Prepares and submits periodic summary of project progress and pending issues to Project Manager
- Keeps client and Project Manager informed of the day-to-day activities on the project
- Maintains accurate documentation of job progress through daily logs and other reports
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
- Actively promotes and supports environmental management policies and monitors the jobsite for good environmental management practices
- Provide onsite administrative support activities
- Other duties as assigned
- 4-year degree (Bachelor’s degree) in a technical / electrical or industrial engineering field (or equivalent, preferably in bottled water manufacturing, soft drinks, food, and beverages industries) and at least 3 years' related work experience is required with at least 2 years in a leadership role at a field site. Good knowledge and or PM certification is preferred, and is a plus.
- Proven ability to perform in a lead capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a familiarity of industry practices and regulations are required
- Parsons is proud of working with our company, in establishing a water and beverages factory from a green field site
- Ability to follow directions and take initiative when required
- Excellent communication, accounting and organizational skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and project management software a plus
- Strong computer skills and communication skills
- Person with talent, passion, and commitment to generate success
- We welcome self-starters who have the ability to solve problems elegantly-and who believe in industrial core values of integrity, safety, quality, innovation, sustainability, and diversity
- If this describes you, join us! Parsons delivers a better world
About the Company
A leading water & beverages company in Saudi Arabia.