Job description / Role
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- Overall responsibility for the management of a project through to design completion and construction support.
- Report to the client on a regular basis on the progress, costs and quality of the project(s) and obtain authority from the client for any decisions/instructions required to ensure continuity in the design function.
- Monitoring all work executed, at all stages, to ensure that an accurate and professional service is offered.
- Professional interface with other disciplines and clients' representative.
- Manage the quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients.
- Ensure that the technical teams are adequately resourced.
- Ensure that contractual deliverables are produced and issued on time and in compliance with the clients requirements.
- Monitor adherence to the procedures described in the project management manual.
- Create a positive and proactive approach that drives the whole of the team.
Conduct team meetings and direct actions
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Technical Competencies / Qualifications / Experience
- Degree qualified in an engineering or architectural discipline.
- Chartered Engineer / Architect.
- Member of a recognised professional institution.
- Minimum of 15 years of post graduate professional experience of which 5 will have been as a Project Director/Senior Project Manager on building projects in excess of £25m.
- 5 years work experience within the Middle East.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Ability to liaise with a wide variety of staff and Clients at all levels essential.
- Computer literate in the essential M'Soft software, ie Word, Excel.
- Be able to show Leadership skills.
- Have excellent team building skills.
- Have good analytical skills.
- The ability to work in a team and independently.
- Commercially astute.
- Fluency in Arabic speaking and writing.
- Flexibility to travel overseas on a regular basis.
- Delegation skills.
- Administrative skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to listen and assimilate information quickly and effectively.
- Self starter.
- Articulate/good communicator.
- Approachable and able to motivate and inspire project management team.
- Attention to detail.
- Seeks continuous improvement.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).