Job description / Role
As a leading member of the Gleeds management team, you will be responsible for representing the company as an ambassador.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Formulating and managing strategies to deliver the business objectives.
- Actively identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the Business Unit’s activities.
- Ensuring that projects are managed in accordance with Gleeds processes and procedures (governance and controls).
- Agreeing fees and charges for potential services with Business Unit Manager / Area Chair.
- Agreeing appointments / scope of services. Ensuring that appointments are in place prior to commencing service delivery.
- Delivering high quality services and deliverables ensuring that services meet our Customer’s requirements.
- Reviewing scope of appointments on a monthly basis to ensure services are being delivered in accordance with appointments
- Managing and maintaining Customer relationships (i.e. Clients, business partners and other consultants). Ensuring a Customer care plan is in place.
- Resolving customer complaints.
- Ensuring sufficient resources are made available to deliver services on our projects, including managing resource conflict resolution (with fellow directors).
- Leading and managing Teams, including working with Associate Directors in managing resources and workload. Ensuring compliance with administrative requirements (appraisals, training, timesheets etc)
- Managing employees, focusing on retention and development.
- Developing and enhancing Gleeds cost management capability.
- Briefing employees on relevant aspects of Gleeds business.
- Preparing bids for services.
- Managing service delivery for profit.
- Managing the commercial aspects of projects (e.g. scope of services/deliverables, invoices, payments, and debt management).
- Working harmoniously with other Directors and assisting Business Unit Manager / Area Chair
As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our Global Travel Scholarship Programme
- Flexible working arrangements
Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
- Extensive cost management experience post MRICS qualification
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience of cost estimating and cost planning techniques
- Sound practical knowledge of construction methods and materials
- Excellent knowledge of construction procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies
- Comprehensive knowledge and practical experience of administering construction contracts
- Clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts
- Ability to motivate others (including providing support and encouragement)
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changing environments
- Excellent problem solving, negotiating skills, financial and numeracy management skills
- Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
- Proficient networker
- Specialist knowledge of a specific industry sector (i.e. Residential, Hotels, Commercial, Retail, Leisure, Education, or other)
- Ability to prepare first-class bids for services
- Competent at negotiating sufficient fees to both complete services and generate required profit levels
- Demonstrable evidence of delivering services to Clients and managing Client relationships
- Demonstrable experience of timely interfacing with clients and key stakeholders at the highest level
- Ability to work as part of a team and lead teams
- MRICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors)
About the Company
Be part of the extraordinary Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel.
Delivering on the world's most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment. One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people.
We welcome new perspectives and ideas. Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values: We're committed to our clients and our people We're creative and realistic We combine professionalism with personality We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status or gender. We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual. Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.