Job description / Role
Project: This is an opportunity to work on one of the largest programmes in Saudi Arabia. This unique project consists of major mixed use development including sports facilities, entertainment and arts along with all associated infrastructure. Mace are one of the Delivery Partner which will require high-calibre and experienced people to lead integrated teams throughout each phase of the project.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Interfacing and presenting at senior levels within the client organisation.
• Managing the development of a portfolio, programme, and project control processes and procedures covering the full portfolio life-cycle from project inception to handover.
• Managing the establishment of core structuring elements, including WBS, CBS, OBS, SBS, and ABS.
• Managing the programme to ensure that controls translate to the client’s RIBA 2020-based plan of work, which in turn will need to be mapped to the client’s bespoke investment control procedure.
• Managing the establishment of procedure implementation roadmaps, establishment of project KPIs and success measurement protocol.
• Managing the rollout of procedure, including driving the success of the mandate, and the identification and removal of implementation roadblocks.
• Understanding of construction technology, planning, delivery, site logistics, commercial, and legal/contract issues.
• Maintaining awareness of key tools available on the market in the project controls arena ensuring relevance/class leading offer provided by Mace.
• Providing leadership, the successful candidate will be in a position where s/he will be personally contributing to the design, development and drafting of processes and procedures.
• You have degree level qualification in a relevant subject, an associated master’s degree would be an advantage, you have a minimum of 20 years of experience and 10 years in a comparable role, you have regional (GCC) experience preferable, you are an experienced and qualified construction professional, Chartered Engineer, Chartered Quantity Surveyor, or similar.
• You will likely have held a primary leadership role in the stand-up of a PMO or a major delivery programme.
• You will have experience in the development and implementation of core project management processes and procedures covering the entire gambit of Project Controls.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships, and lead strong, motivated teams.
• You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Project Controls Director
Project Controls Manager
|Saudi Arabia-Red Sea Cost||9 Nov|
Project Controls Lead
|Saudi Arabia||20 Dec|
Senior Project Manager - Mega Projects