Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Legal is currently looking for an experienced senior attorney with strong academic credentials to join its MEA Legal Team. T he successful candidate will be based in Riyadh with a focus on IBM's business operations in Saudi Arabia .
The role will primarily involve negotiating, drafting, managing and analysing a wide variety of technology services transactions, including strategic outsourcing, software, cloud, analytics, sales, business partner, finance, supplier and teaming agreements with both local and multinational customers and suppliers in the country and wider region. You will also be responsible for providing advice and support to the business and assisting the local management in all legal matters, including but not limited to regulatory matters, operational issues, HR matters, troubled projects, litigation, investigation, transactional support, etc.The candidate will be expected to manage the relationship with the outside counsel and to work with the MEA and wider global Legal team in supporting IBM's business.
The candidate will also be expected to provide support for compliance and ethics matters.
Candidates must be highly motivated, articulate, demonstrate sound communication, negotiation, drafting, people and organizational skills, and be comfortable and confident in dealing directly with all levels of local management. Knowledge of IT, networking, services, hardware, and software industries is a strong plus. The successful candidate will be able to work independently but collaboratively with a high energy and talented team of professionals.
- Qualified attorney/solicitor with 8 + years PQE including in-house experience. Regional and cross boarder experience preferred
- Multinational/international legal knowledge and expertise is preferred.
- Knowledge of contractual law, anti-trust, company law, labor law, Intellectual Property, and litigation. Ability to negotiate, draft and vet contracts that address complex and difficult issues.
- Ability to speak articulately and persuasively to individuals at all management levels.
- Ability to determine appropriate action/solutions to complex legal and business issues dealing with clients and customers.
- Requires law degree. Admitted to practice in local jurisdiction with relevant practice experience.
- English & Arabic Fluency is essential
Competencies & Skills
- Ability to lead and function in a team and work independently
- Ability to accept responsibility/high ethical standards
- Ability to identify and assess risks and make objective decisions in the best interest of the company, taking the relevant legal and business issues into consideration
- Sound drafting, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to react positively to a changing environment
- Ability to express clearly both verbally and writing
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment, and to meet critical deadlines
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 8+ years post qualification experience in practice as an attorney or advocate and relevant in-house experience preferably as leader of an in-house department.
- Knowledge of networking, consulting services, hardware and software industries a strong plus
- Relevant in-house experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Additional business, tax, commercial or other appropriate qualification is preferable
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.