Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, every guest interaction is an opportunity to create a lasting memory. As AV Manager, you will manage the operations of the audio-visual support unit to ensure professional quality audio-visual technical support as needed for social events, receptions, etc. Hire, train, supervise, and oversee scheduling of personnel to provide support necessary to set and operate equipment.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Group Director of Information Technology, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Sets up and maintains the sound and lighting systems in entertainment areas.
- Operates the sound and light systems for assigned shows and events.
- Assists in setup and strike of band equipment for different acts in entertainment venues.
- Handles all tech requests from catering and events set up.
- Handles all department set up needs from setting up/tearing down staging to putting up banners for events.
- Assists in the safety, proper maintenance, repair and technical work of any stage sets, meeting spaces and conventions.
- Assists in necessary, the collected effort of any technical work needed for stage/meeting space set-up and breakdown.
- Ensures proper sound, video, and lighting for stage shows and conventions.
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsal/training, maintenance and evening show performances.
- Lighting reinforcement of all stage presentation or convention or special projects.
- Maintain system service information and personal daily work logs.
- Promotes Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel and acts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Exhibits a positive outgoing personality.
- Acts a role model and always presents oneself as a credit to Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel and encourages others to do the same.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Three years' experience in setup of sound, lighting and audio/visual systems required.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to company standards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be flexible in a demanding environment.
- Must maintain a good attitude at all times.
- Must be open minded and willing to work and learn from a variety of other team members.
- Must be able to work in an environment ranging from controlled to moderately severe.
- Must be able to climb, stand, bend, and stoop.
- Must be able to work in cramped areas for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.