Job description / Role
Position requires a skilled structural mechanic with the to perform Planned Maintenance Interval Inspections (PMI), Organizational, Intermediate, and Depot level maintenance on H-60 helicopters, which also includes troubleshooting, testing, inspections, repairs of hydraulic components, flight controls, pumps, landing gear, tires, hydraulic, pneumatic, and pressurized systems.
- Current or previous experience performing H-60 helicopter maintenance to include but not limited to:
- Performing maintenance and repair of major assemblies, subassemblies, hydraulic, pneumatic, and related systems.
- Perform inspection, troubleshooting, fault detection, fault isolation, and appropriate corrective actions on hydraulic components and related systems.
- Responsible for all maintenance documentations, applicable forms, records, and reports using appropriate references and other publications including the NAMP.
- Operate and maintain all applicable ground support equipment. Identify, use and maintain all common, special, and precision tools available for power plant maintenance and repair.
- Provide On-the-Job-Training (OJT) for Saudi technicians and other personnel to include maintaining appropriate training records to document training.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- 8 years current or previous experience performing complex helicopter mechanical work to include but not limited to: inspection, assembly/ disassembly, repair, replace, troubleshooting, rig checks, test of a variety of hydraulic components, airframes, landing gear assembly, bridge assembly, and rotor head systems.
- Installs, adjusts, aligns, and performs final functional/ operational tests on a variety of major aircraft systems, assemblies, sub-assemblies, components: hydraulic servo's, pumps, main/tail rotor blades, flight controls systems.
- Disassemble, and reassemble components/sub-systems and determines the required repairs, completes check out procedures to ensure proper operation.
- Visually check component for corrosion, improper wear, and adjustments.
- Be able to use a variety of precision measuring instruments, special tools, scales, test stands, and external power sources.
- Duties may include minor preservation on various components and blades.
- Knowledge of the makeup, operation, installation, and adjustment of a variety of major interrelated and/or integrated aircraft systems, subsystems, and assemblies such as hydraulic, pneumatic systems, airframes, surface repair, and landing gear.
- Inspect main mounts, and tail wheel shocks, struts for cracks, damage, security, leaks, and proper lubrication.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Must be able to pass a background check, and drug test. Also, may be required to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day. Also be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- May be required to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks, and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.