Job description / Role
The selected candidate will assist the Country CRO to build the newly established unit and expected to harness a strong Risk governance framework covering the Bank in KSA.
The candidate is responsible for assisting Country CRO in robust independent oversight and monitoring of Market & Liquidity risk.
Risk Management Framework
* Assist Country CRO in implementation of risk management systems, policies, procedures and reports for risk mitigation and risk appetite and subsequently review the risk quantum to assess level of exposure relative to risk appetite in partnership with Group Risk heads.
* Assist in the development, and implementation of risk models to minimise undue risk exposure and monitor key risk indicators of the FAB Franchise in KSA's risk profile with the aim to report and analyse the risk environment,
* emerging risk factors, losses and near misses.
* Support Country CRO in the development and implementation of risk management policies in partnership with group risk heads to ensure effective assessment and management of risks within the established levels.
* Monitor the overall portfolio for early detection of deterioration, stress testing and portfolio limit management to assure compliance with the risk governance framework.
* Monitor identification, assessment and documentation of risk management and controls, including risks associated with new or modified products, services, distribution channels, regulations and third party operations to achieve compliance with defined policies and framework.
* From a functional perspective key accountabilities will include the following (as applicable)
* Roll-out the market risk policy incl. the limit setting process for FAB Franchise in KSA
* Implement the Market risk limits and risk appetite framework in line with Group Framework
* Roll-out risk measurement and management including market risk appetite for the branch the definition of action plans, owners and escalation path
* Identify the market risks relevant for FAB Franchise in KSA, run the risk assessment (including the potential impact ) to the branch
* Manage the collateral management for counterparties trading in FAB Franchise in KSA. Send the valuation/MtM report for the clients of Int'l locations.
* Ensure timely reporting of inputs to ALCO / IMCO for FAB Franchise in KSA; Monitor and report the risk arising from local systems other than Murex (such as FX exposure)
* Roll-out the ALM policy liquidity risk strategy, interest rate risk strategy and contingency funding planning
* Run the risk measurement for FAB Franchise in KSA incl. the definition of action plans, owners, and escalation path; define connex to risk appetite framework incl. setting of limits and on-going exposure management
* Validate / Review FTP Curves, methodologies for FAB Franchise in KSA
* Define measurement tools for ALM risk such as liquidity gaps/ratios, interest rate gaps/sensitivities; define and roll-out mitigation strategies through hedging for FAB Franchise in KSA
* Assess identified liquidity risks and interest rate risks; incl. probability calcs and potential impacts for the branch; assess the sufficiency of liquid assets (normal; stress); analyze the concentration risk on the liabilities side; assess effectiveness of B/S hedges
* Run the risk identification and measurement procedures re liquidity risk and interest rate risk for FAB Franchise in KSA and report to ALCO
* Roll-out and run the approval process of excesses above limits for the branch Apprise; ALCO; Senior Management re ALM risks through gap reporting (ratios, analysis, etc.); run periodic stress analysis and reporting; review contingency funding plans for the branch
Risk Management Operations
Monitor the periodical review of the products and processes and provide risk mitigation controls while ensuring the accurate identification of risk exposure in new products and services to ensure that risk implications are
* Appropriately considered and mitigated.
* Monitor risk management metrics and monitor breaches to protect commercial and customer interests ensuring compliance with internal policy and external reporting requirements for the international region / location.
Competitive salary package
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or related discipline.
* Master's degree in Business Administration, or a related discipline is preferred.
* Professional Certification in CFA, FRM, or a related discipline is preferred.
* 7-10 years' relevant experience in the banking sector with at least 4 years in similar positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities in the Market & Liquidity risk management function.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.