Job description / Role
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Conceptualize scalable production solutions and develop architecture for large AWS and Hybrid Cloud engagements
• Able to lead, create and close High Level and Low Level design deliverables with client architects.
• Bring expertise in Cloud Governance and compliance.
• Proven understanding of AWS key services, consumption models and be able to construct cost effective solutions for our client.
• Proven experience in developing migration strategies and executing migration of enterprise grade mission critical production workloads
• Familiarity with data center concepts and best practices, high - availability systems, capacity planning, system performance evaluation, and diagnostic techniques and methodologies.
• Design the overall Virtual Private Cloud VPC environment including server instance, storage instances, subnets, availability zones, etc
• Design the AWS network architecture including VPN connectivity between regions and subnets
• Design the HA / DR strategies
• Develop automation strategies for application administration on cloud.
• Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
• Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
• Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
• Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
• Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• AWS Solution Architect - Professional
• Understanding of Kubernetes and RedHat ecosystem (Openshift, Ansible, RH Fuse, RH SSO, etc)
• Advisory or consultancy experience in technical projects and services
• 3+ years of experience in AWS technologies
• 3+ large migration experience in complex environments
• 10+ years of experience in delivering complex and large-scale IT projects
• 3+ year of experience in architecting in enterprises using agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban), Design Thinking
• Cloud-native application development (PaaS, Serverless technology, API management, microservices)
• Microservices (Java Springboot and others), Serverless, Istio
• Microservices containers & orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
• DevOps and CI/CD principles (Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Github, etc.)
• Architecture-Design: Cloud-native and Cloud-ready applications (APIenabled, containerization)
• API REST, API Gateways, Swagger, OAuth
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
IT Manager (Financial Institution)
Stratus Recruitment International
Application Architect - Public Sector
IBM Middle East
Cloud Architect and Administrator
HR Source Consulting
HR Source Consulting