Big Data Architect
Job description / Role
The big data architect performs various functions, which primarily involves providing the framework of foundation Big Data Analytics.
They are responsible for engaging stakeholders to understand their objectives for Big Data and utilizing information gathered to plan the computing framework with appropriate hardware and software, data sources and formats, analytical tools, data storage decisions, and results consumption.
The primary tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically make up the big data architect job description are shown below:
• Provide top-quality solution design and execution
• Provide support in defining the scope and sizing of work
• Align the organization’s big data solutions with their Client initiatives as requested
• Engage with clients to understand strategic requirements
• Responsible for translating business requirements into technology solutions
• Work with domain experts to put together a delivery plan with and stay on track
• Utilize Big Data technologies to design, develop, and evolve scalable and fault-tolerant distributed components
• Organize all meetings with customers and ensure prompt resolution of gaps and roadblocks
• Stay current on latest technology to ensure maximum ROI .
• Responsible for the design and execution of abstractions and integration patterns (APIs) to solve complex distributed computing problems.
• Experience in Requirements Engineering, Solution Architecture, Design, Development and Deployment
• A broad set of technical skills and knowledge across hardware, software, systems and solutions development and a across more than one technical domain
• Strong technical team leadership, mentorship and collaboration.
• Experience in service architecture, development, and high performance and scalability.
About the Company
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business training. We deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling our customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.
Our core training is focused on Cisco, Microsoft, Nortel, and Project Management. Our IT courses include networking, programming, operating systems, security, and telephony. Our business courses feature project management, professional skills, and business process curriculum, including ITIL. Our more than 700 courses span foundational and specialized training and certifications.
In 2006, we acquired Azlan Training, which established us as Europe’s largest IT training provider. In 2007, we expanded our global footprint to include IT training, consulting, and services in the Middle East and Africa through the acquisition of Synergy Professional Services.