Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for a Bridges/Structures Engineer to review design of bridges/structures of major Highways project in Saudi Arabia.
A typical week would include:
• Lead and review of structural analysis, design, evaluation and preparation of calculation and drawings.
• Lead the Project from initial concept through the planning processes to implementation.
• Prepare standard documents, such as technical specifications, in accordance with applicable design codes.
• Supervise, coordinates and reviews the work of Section Engineer & Assistant Section Engineers.
• Prepare inspection check lists for work items and perform acceptance inspections for completed works
• Liaise with relevant authority regarding the quality of work and final inspection
• Ensure that safety measures are taken on site
• Record contractor’s activity on site
• Review as-built drawings prepared by the contractor
• Check contractor’s shop drawings and method statements
• Prepare daily reports
• Assist in preparation of QS reports for Section Works
• Work with the Material Engineer to ensure that the required material testing is scheduled properly and carried out and reported
• Initiate and draft variation orders necessitated during the works
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University
• Minimum 15 years of experience in large-scale projects.
• Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved.
• Experience in the design of highway bridges incorporating best practices and AASHTO LRFD Specifications.
• Experience in conducting engineering investigations including feasibility studies, cost and risk analysis.
• Experience in the use of advanced bridge analysis/design software.
• Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards, design and or layout criteria pertinent to the discipline.
• Leadership skill
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill (Arabic an advantage)
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Principal Civil / Structural Engineer
Senior Civil Engineer
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Civil Engineer – Bridge Engineer
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)
Resident Construction Engineer – Civil