Job description / Role
Our client, a well-established and global services company is looking for a Business Compliance Officer to bridge the gap between Legal, Finance and Compliance who will also act as a Company Secretarial Officer. The role will have significant authority to defend their license operating across 6 major markets in the region.
Our client has a global presence and is a go to name within the sector they operate in. They currently have over 30,000 employees globally. Their Jeddah base in KSA operates 6 major markets.
Our client is looking for a Business Compliance Officer to bridge the gap between Legal, Finance and Compliance who will also act as a Company Secretarial Officer. The role will have significant authority to defend their license operating across 6 major markets in the region.
Reporting to the Cluster Finance Manager, the Business Compliance Officer will have the following responsibilities:
* Using specialised knowledge and skills in the compliance field obtained through education, experience, training and certification to ensure and provide advice on compliance with external frameworks and regulations e.g. the company compliance framework or IFRS/Taxation Laws
* Providing legal support and counsel on all matters impacting the cluster including but not limited to: Labor Law, Compliance and Anti-Trust, Fraud Prevention and Detection, Etc.
* Extensive stakeholder and business partnering relationships with key authorities in multiple regions to ensure all disciplines and operations within the company are adhering to local legislation
* Responsible for the creation and management of internal controls
* Assisting in administering and analysing complex compliance reviews on behalf of Regional/Centre teams, mitigating risk and providing compliance support
* Evaluating each Function/BUs' controls quality and maturity
* Performing varied work that is difficult in character requiring evaluation, research, ingenuity and analysis to make complex decisions
* Partnering with the Legal team on on-going and future disputes
* Assisting/driving projects of significant scope and complexity
* Having extensive contact with internal customers is required to identify, research, and resolve complex problems.
* The candidate will also help with Group Reporting requirements and support the Regional Tax Manager with submission of local tax returns.
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive salary, all-inclusive of basic, housing and transport allowances and range of benefits.
International exposure: This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to progress within a corporate giant with a global presence. As part of the job you will be building relationships with stakeholders across the globe.
On-the-job learning: You will be given responsibilities right from the start as they promote a steep learning curve across different functions, practices and domains.
They are a dynamic, performance oriented organization with a down-to-earth attitude and approachable management culture. They live their values and build strong teams of people passionate for their job and dedicated to always change for the better.
Only candidates with the below profile attributes will be considered:
* KSA National
* Qualification within Legal, Accounting or Audit Institutions
* Prior proven experience (at least 3 years) in a similar function or in a corporate legal/ audit/ compliance firm
* Demonstrated ability to influence without authority
* Experience of working closely with offshore teams in service centres will be preferred although not essential.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Financial Planning & Analysis Associate
|Saudi Arabia||18 Jun|