Job description / Role
Job Title: Business Development/Commercial Manager
Location: Riyadh , Saudi Arabia
Reporting to: Branch General Manager
The Business Development/Commercial Manager oversee business development efforts on behalf of the company. He/She will work on everything from winning new client contracts to developing marketing and growth strategies and campaigns. He/She will also build and maintain relationships with current and prospective clients in order to keep business growth opportunity es in the pipeline.
• Collaborate with company management to prepare and implement the company’s marketing and Business Development Plan and strategy for meeting business goals, objectives and financial gain
• Maintain and develop a wide network of contacts within the marketplace through which will generate opportunities for new business.
• Register and pre-qualify company with major clients.
• Conduct market research to inform strategic business decisions.
• Track and report status of potential projects, markets, and developments.
• Sound knowledge of the local sourcing platforms (public and private sectors)
• Guidance for tender sourcing
• Direct the development and preparation of RFP’s, Pre-Qualification and formal presentations, based on Client’s requirements.
• Propose, build and develop strategic alliances with engineering companies to establish JV's
• Attend networking events and build industry connections to facilitate business growth.
• Negotiate new projects and contract terms with new clients.
• Arrange Business Development meetings with prospective Clients.
• Ensure that the organization complies with contractual obligations as well as state and federal regulations.
• Works with other department heads to determine company goals and KPIs.
• Oversee branding and marketing endeavours to ensure all efforts are aligned with business goals
• Conduct research to identify new market and client needs.
• Promote the Company’s product/services addressing or predicting Client’s objectives.
• Build and nurture long term relationship with new and existing Clients to continue winning new contracts.
• Lead the development and preparation of RFP’s, Pre-Qualification and formal documentation.
• Perform other duties related to the field of employment as assigned.
The ideal candidate is expected to demonstrate the following:
• 15+ years of overall experience
• 110+ years prior experience in business development or marketing fields in the Country
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Must be a strategic thinker and a have strong negotiation skills.
• Possess a collaborative mindset and work well as part of a team.
• Superior time management abilities and capable of meeting deadlines
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
• Up to date on industry trends, as well as laws and regulations
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and industry contacts.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (or related field)
• Master’s degree preferred.
• MBA preferred.
• Sound knowledge of FIDIC and local contracts
• Fluency in English and Arabic written and spoken is mandatory.
• Extensive knowledge of MS Office, presentation software (e.g. Power Point), Adobe Acrobat.
• Familiarity with administrative/financial/engineering activities.
About the Company
ITALCONSULT is an Italian engineering consulting company established in Rome in 1957 by the largest industrial groups of that time for giving evidence throughout the world of the Italian know-how and capacity to perform engineering.
From December 2012, the Company has a new share structure formed by Bevilacqua Engineering Group, actively operating in Italy in the sector of public and private transport infrastructure (with construction costs amounting to more than 12 billion US$ in the last ten years) through the Companies SIS S.p.A. Studio di Ingegneria Stradale and A&S, Autostrade e Strade Engineering S.p.A., now merged into ITALCONSULT, and two groups representatives of the Italian excellence in the economic and financial fields: Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A., one of the biggest Italian bank very active in supporting infrastructure investments and also in foreign activities (countries of Central Eastern Europe, Middle East and Northern Africa), and Tecnoinvestimenti Srl, belonging to the Italian Chambers of Commerce through TECNOHOLDING S.p.A., enjoying their own national and international network able to foster investment initiatives and programmes as well as to activate bilateral technical-commercial agreements.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Area Sales Manager
Kinetic Business Solutions
Senior Business Development Manager (FMCG)
Kinetic Business Solutions
Sales and Marketing Manager