Job description / Role
The BDM would be expected to enhance the existing brand portfolio of this leading business whilst proactively searching for new brands that resonate with the premium collection of brands this business prides itself in representing.
Our client is a leading family group in the GCC that represents some of the world's best fashion and beauty brands. Their products and service quality alike are unparalleled.
Further enhance the collection of exquisite brands represented by the group whilst adding to the list, new high-end fashion brands that people aspire to wear. Master the industry by knowing competitor brands and newcomers to the industry.
* Brand equity/value (yearly list) describing claim, image, perception, fashion content, added value
* Brand assessment through pre-defined templates such as performance, share of mix, category share of mix
* Brand Portfolio Gap analysis, describing recommendations based on gaps detected on brand assessment sessions, in terms of style, category content, price point, differentiation
* Maintain and update a clear overview of the brands distribution worldwide, in alignment with the Group's strategy in the Middle East, particularly in Saudi Arabia.
Brand Analysis and Development:
* Review and challenge all team recommendations
* Review gap analysis and opportunities reports at Group and Business Unit level
* Follow-up on targeted brands shortlist and review recent performances
* Build a business case to support first contacts with brand owners
* Elaborate business plans for optimal negotiations (in coordination with Mergers & Acquisitions and Legal)
* Setup the methodology for market trends analysis and the tools to be used
* Champion team visits to showrooms, fairs, visits to suppliers and review regular flash reports
Presentation and Negotiations (external and internal):
* Deliver the presentations regarding the Group and its business units to potential suppliers
* Negotiate with suppliers at Group and Business Unit level
* Attractive Salary package and benefits
* A passion for Fashion
* Strong knowledge of Fashion brands (Local and International)
* Ability to work with a 'start-up' mindset and deal with ambiguity
* Previous experience of working in a similar field; with strong knowledge of retail in the region
* Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
* Relentless negotiator and conscience of costs; budgeting experience
* Experience leveraging data insights
* University Degree in Business Administration or any other relevant field
* 5 years + of relevant experience in the Fashion industry
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.