Job description / Role
Manage BI solutions for corporate functions to help Business make better decisions. Advise Corporate Finance, HR, purchasing, business support functions in their needs for cooperate and financial KPIs and operations efficiency. Collect business requirements and play a role of business partner to advise the business on the solution selection and business strategy. Supervise and follow-up all the project initiatives from initiation to closure
• Develop business requirements, assess current reporting capabilities, and make recommendations for improvement.
• Manage implementation of new systems to setup the right BI environment that meets the business strategy.
• Play a role of business partner by Translating business needs, identifying, and then quantifying those needs and build BI roadmap with the concerned departments
• Develop the suitable analytics Logic to meet the business needs, support their decisions and enabling them to achieve competitive advantage.
• Ensure that BI solutions meet business requirements and systems goals and conduct project from initiation to closure with focus on quality and cost and customer satisfaction.
• Coordinate and collaborate with company’s software suppliers to make recommendations and propose software products and services to support the business
• Design, build and deploy BI solutions in Data Warehouse, Data engineering, data reporting and advanced analytics
• Coordinate with Panda IT partners to propose end-to-end initiatives to fulfill business requirements
• Liaise with solution providers and contractors to deliver reliable and cost-effective end products
• Interpret and synthesize multi-source data to insights that will lead to actionable strategies and plans for the company strategy.
• Create, manage and collaborate with teams to integrate tools, which extract load and store data that requires process designing by applying the best practices and assure smooth running to make sure the data is readable and accessible on the right time and right format.
• Develop and update technical and Training documentations for proper support transition and handover.
• BSC in Computer Science, Engineering Degree, or very relevant field
Experience, Skills & Competencies
• 10+ years of BI experience.
• Exposure to the retail Industry and supply chain is a Great advantage
• Experience in managing projects in Data Management Domain and a team
• Exposure to Oracle Fusion/EBS is a good advantage.
• Preferable Technical Certifications (PMP,Oracle OBIEE, Tableau etc)
• Hands-on experience with large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis.
• Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and decision support.
• Strong understanding of relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices.
• Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated processes.
• Experience with business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, database design, reporting structures, and so on.
• Ability to manage different stakeholders (SC, Logistics).
• Experience with database platforms, including SQL, Oracle. Cloud exposure is a +
• Extensive knowledge of data manipulation languages (Microsoft SSIS), ETL/ELT (ODI, Alteryx) and Data Visualization (Tableau, Power BI, OBIEE)
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Highly skilled in IT service management (Delivery and Support)
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
About the Company
Panda was founded in 1978 as one of the most important organizations in the retail sector in Saudi Arabia. In 1994, Panda merged with Azizia Company then in late 1998 Azizia Panda United was acquired by Savola Group, one of the largest diversified conglomerates in MENA region, Azizia Panda United became the retail sector of Savola and started its journey to become the leading food retailer in the region. In 2008,
This acquisition has aided Panda in its growth and expansion by having the largest market share in the Saudi retail sector.
The first new format of Hypermarket was opened in Riyadh city in 2004. In 2006, Panda moved forward with its regional expansion by opening its first store in Dubai. In 2008, more numbers of stores were operating under the name of Panda when Savola Group acquired “Giant” supermarkets in Saudi Arabia and merged them with Panda. One year later in 2009, Panda has landed another great success by acquiring all Geant stores in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
In 2014 the company name was changed from Azizia Panda United to the Panda Retail Company. And another big step in the expansion plan was achieved when Panda opened it hypermarket in Egypt in the year of 2015. These big steps have raised Panda share in the retail sector from 7% to more than 8%. Today Panda is the largest food retailer in the Middle East owns more than 400 branch of panda Super, Panda Hyper and Pandati in Saudi Arabia & Egypt making it the largest retail company that offering its services to more than 400 million visitors annually.
Business Intelligence (BI) Technical Lead
Quest Search & Selection
|Saudi Arabia||31 May|
|Saudi Arabia||5 May|
Senior BI Analyst - Arabic Speaker
Manpower Middle East
Executive Director - Development
|Saudi Arabia||3 Jun|