Job description / Role
• Responsible for participating in providing the required support for the various assigned duties, studies, reviews, evaluation and implementation of program wide policies, procedures, system and processes.
• Reports to the Senior Project Manager and supports the Urban Designer and the Principal Urban Planners on the Plan Team.
• Interfaces with the other Urban Planning Department staff and engineers.
Major Activities Performed
• Designing and preparing maps to display information furnished by urban planning staff.
• Integrating mapped information from different sources.
• Preparing design drawings for urban planning purposes including site plans, perspective drawings, cross-sections and subdivision layouts.
• Developing accurate subdivision plans from conceptual layouts prepared by the Plan Team.
• Compiling information provided by urban planning staff into presentation drawings, including illustrative report graphics and large-scale plans.
• Assisting projection of other graphics presentation materials.
• Organization and management of plan project maps and plan files.
• Other duties as assign to support the Planning Team and project.
Experience and Qualifications
• Candidate should have college equivalent diploma with 3 years of CAD design experience.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience using AutoCAD and/or Autodesk Civil 3D in land planning and related field.
• Direct experience in preparing computer-aided maps, schematic drawings, preliminary plans (in plan, perspective and cross-sectional views) and subdivision layouts.
• Proficiency in delineating subdivision layouts based on conceptual plans prepared by Plan Team.
• Basic mathematical and analytical skills and ability to organize and display data in presentation formats, including reduced-sized figures for reports and full-scale drawings for display.
• Demonstrate ability to read, write, and speak good English Language.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.