Job description / Role
Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 4,000 employees, We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India, offering a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
Your professional challenge:
· You are an expert vendor relationship manager, a product specialist, a product selection developer, and an advertiser all in one.
· As an innovator within the company, you will influence the design of your category, as well as develop new product groups and improve customer selection.
· You identify all products that you consider to be sellable, taking into account customer requests and tastes, along with finding interesting vendors.
· The performance of your product category determines your success. You have more responsibilities - both customer experience related and operational - and you have the opportunity to manage an extensive number of vendors and products.
· You are responsible for recognizing new trends, for analyzing both business competition and sales, for carrying out stock management in cooperation with Supply Chain and for finding the best vendors.
· You also facilitate discussions of general conditions, procuring top products and making sure that they are advertised prominently on Amazon in cooperation with Marketing.
· Every new technical innovation, tool and process and the input and drive you have to improve them, will make your work even more exciting. It will mean making the lives of buyers and vendors throughout the world both easier and better.
· You should have a University degree ideally in a technical or analytical discipline
· Professional B2C experience in e-commerce, purchasing, key account management or consulting
· Enthusiasm for the world of XXX
· Strong communication skills and exceptional assertive abilities on all levels, while maintaining your ability to be vocally self critical
· Excellent marketing skills, a feel for customer needs, as well as a high degree of innovative prowess
· A business focused way of thinking and a strong hands-on, results driven mentality
· Special affinity and demonstrated skill with numbers, analyses and reports
· Excellent knowledge in Excel, with database work and experience in SQL a plus
· A great deal of personal initiative, creativity, decisiveness and team spirit
· Excellent English skills
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.