Job description / Role
We are currently seeking 2 Category Specialist
• Ensure that the correct product assortment is provided to the consumer at the right price and at the right time.
• This is achieved through thorough data analysis of market and shopper behavior to define and implement a strategy to increase the speed of inventory turnover in the category.
• They also consider different suppliers and decide which products to add to a range to assist our retail stores to achieve required sales targets
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for a major product group including cataloguing, pricing, technical knowledge, & project management.
• Manage marketing activities such as promotions, campaigns & development of digital streams to influence demand with the marketing department.
• Ensures promotional activities remain locally relevant and plan a GTM strategy for the country
• To be integral in the strategic development & planning of assigned category business & to increase the direction of groups growth in our core ranges strategy.
• Manage relationships with Strategic Vendor Partners, negotiates terms & prices to improve Gross Margins and NP.
• Work with field Store Directors to collect category performance feedback & lead merchandising development for assigned categories based on store clusters & direction from HOD.
• Increase profitability, store participation & product mix in conjunction with our key suppliers.
• Manage entire forecasting/ forward order cycles to further enhance business development & ensure product sustainability, customers, & supplier satisfaction.
• Building relationships with suppliers to ensure they are aligned to our buying strategy & are performing consistently, evaluating new sources of supply & establishing processes & KPIs
• Negotiating with suppliers on cost prices, rebates & service terms
• Ensuring our ranges reflect customer requirements & expectations
• Providing general maintenance of the range; additions, deletions, price changes
• Analyzing past sales figures/trends to anticipate & forecast future product needs
• Assessing product performance & drive commercial actions through regular trade analysis
• Owning new product development & growth of bespoke products & ranges from concept to launch
• Working with bespoke suppliers to ensure products fall within required quality standard, margin requirements & launch timings.
• Instructing the Merchandising Assistant’s in the product & price system recording & update, national/international collated orders (N/ICO’s) & all other day to day administrative tasks in a timely manner.
• Provide clear communication & regular updates internally via the groups intranet to stores & other teams.
• Provide support & assistance to stores, cross functional teams & management as required.
• Provide business reports & presentations as required & or requested.
• Any other duties as required & or requested & not limited to the above.
• Reporting Staff based on hierarchy plus some shared responsibilities with other Junior staff.
• Fiscal: Planning/Forecasting Sales, Stock Management, Monitor/Track, Margin, profit, Supplier Management, Selection and Procurement.
• Manage the company's strategic growth direction of the category business.
• Work with Groups assigned category & management to select core ranging of products, forecasting/forward ordering of products, marketing initiatives, catalogue planning etc.
• Facilitate photographic shoots as & when required & or requested.
• Responsible in the planning, preparation, attendance, & successful execution of category exhibitions & trade shows.
• Maintain business relationships with retailers, suppliers, freight forwarders & external stakeholders.
• Analyzing data or insights to determine industry & consumer trends
• Devising long-term development strategies for product categories
• Developing exit strategies for unsuccessful product.
• Manage SALE/Promotion events in terms of planning, execution quality and liquidations at pre-approved margins.
• Reporting to: Deputy Managing Director
• Subordinates: Merchandiser, Buyer, Stock Planner
• Other interactions: Fianance, Supply Chain, Marketing and Retail Operations
• Number required: 2 in total (one per category)
• Working Hours: Saturday to Thursday 830 AM to 430 PM
• Commission / Bonus: Based on sales/sell through
• Other Benefits: housing, transport allowance, medical insurance, tickets
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
• Preferably have at least a minimum 5-year Industry experience in purchasing & procurement, marketing, ranging, logistics & administration of living/bed/bath/accessories.
• Experience in trade show
• Experience in bedding trade show
• Experience in bath trade show
• Experience in accessories trade show
• Experience in stock management, analysis & action planning.
• 5-7 years’ experience as a Buyer, Senior Buyer or Merchandise Manager within the Bed/Living and Bath industry for Specialty Stores. Department Stores, Big Box Retailers or Ecommerce
• Background in Fashion categories of Home including Soft Home, Bed & Bath, Home Textiles, Home Accessories, & Soft Home products
• Ecommerce, Digital, & Catalog experience a plus
• Proven track record of success in building new avenues of business in the soft home environment for private brands including product development
About the Company
A home textiles and accessories retail brand based in Saudi Arabia. Products include: beddings, bath textiles and accessories, curtains and table covers. Branches located in the cities: Jeddah, Madina and Yanbu.