Job description / Role
Chef de Partie
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide menus and cuisine to International First-Class Standard
• Help with preparation, cooking, garnishing, or presentation of food
• Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations
• Check the quantity and quality of received products
• Order or requisition food or other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation
• Supervise or coordinate activities of cooks or workers engaged in food preparation.
• Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
• Determine how food should be presented and create decorative food displays
• Record production or operational data on specified forms.
• Plan, direct, or supervise the food preparation or cooking activities of multiple kitchens
• Collaborate with other staff to plan and develop recipes or menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and produce.
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques or equipment to staff.
• Arrange for equipment purchases or repairs
• 2-4-year Culinary degree or equivalent formal culinary training
• 2 years’ experience working in an acclaimed establishment
• Proficiency in working with MS office – word, excel, outlook.
• Strong knowledge of cooking philosophies and principles in Italian cuisine.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in Culinary Service.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience at a similar level at a 5 star or full-service hotel.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Should possess strong interpersonal skills and above basic written and spoken English.
• Inspiring leader
• Have an ability to make quality food, cooking quality and supervisory decisions at the appropriate time.
• Live in - all expenses paid or live-out allowance
• Medical Insurance
• Flight Allowance
• 2 month’s vacations PA.
• 12-Month renewable contract start date: October 2021 – pending visas and flights
About the Company
Hill Robinson is the leading independent yacht management company offering unparalleled services to international clientele worldwide to assist in running yachts safely and efficiently. Our highly qualified and versatile multi-lingual team is available 24/7 to provide the essential support that makes the whole yachting experience a success.
From being one of the industry’s first ever dedicated yacht management companies, our expertise and range of services has constantly grown. Starting with setting up an offshore ownership structure for your new yacht our service offer is complete all the way through to paying the crew through our Guernsey Employment Company.