Job description / Role
Overview of Role:
We are a sector focused business actively operating and delivering within the Commercial, Residential, Education, Data Centre, Mixed Use, Sports, Retail, and Defense & Aerospace sectors. Our Engineers work in close contact with clients, advising them on design and assurance activities for the client and their customers.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a similar consultancy or client facilities management environment and demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role. They will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
We are currently recruiting for several Chartered Mechanical Engineers to join our client focused teams in Riyadh. You will be accountable for the effective delivery of FM engineering and assurance services, exceeding the expectation of the client.
• The individual will undertake design assurance activities including the review of construction drawings, design calculations, material submittals, request for information forms and any other documents related to detailed design.
• Ensure compliance with concept definition and standards, ensuring all FM activities are undertaken in accordance with applicable specifications, standards, codes or practice and quality systems procedures.
• Support the client’s senior management to make mechanical engineering decisions required to ensure project progress without compromising cost, quality or specification within the contractual guidelines.
• Liaise with client’s senior management and monitor the actual progress of the detailed design against programme start/ finish dates within the engineering discipline.
• Monitor and review the contractor’s proposals and activities in respect of the programming and resourcing of the engineering discipline.
• Monitor and review construction drawings, calculations and shop drawings in respect of the engineering discipline and review their incorporation as-built records.
• Ensure all risks and opportunities associated with activities under the individual’s control are reported to the client along with mitigation and opportunity realisation activities.
• Prepare monitoring and surveillance reports and liaise with the client’s PM regarding updates and findings.
• Prepare technical queries as directed by the client for submission to contractors or the client’s customer as appropriate.
• As directed by the client, prepare observation notes and non-conform reports regarding the client’s contractors’ proposals.
• Undertake monitoring and surveillance of the client’s contractors’ detailed design in respect of his engineering discipline to determine compliance with the applicable specifications, standards and codes of practice. Review data generated by the contractor.
• Manage pro-active business relationships with the client’s senior management, other engineers and the client’s customer as required.
• Leads by example in terms of Health & Safety and positively impacts the behaviours of others
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
• Chartered Engineer holding a Mechanical Engineering Degree
• A minimum of 8 years’ experience working in Facilities Management for a consultancy or end user client
• Strong technical delivery experience, ideally in KSA
• Proficiency with tools/systems
• To successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
• Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more business for RLB
• Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
• Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
• A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
• A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic, ambitious, adaptable – a strong work ethic is essential
About the Company
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.