Job description / Role
Be part of shaping the workforce of the brand new Mövenpick Hotel & Residences Riyadh! Showcase your interpersonal and team-building strengths as Director of Talent & Culture and be an ambassador for the extraordinary career opportunities and service culture at your hotel.
What is in it for you:
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21 and GreenGlobe
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Ensure food philosophy is maintained with a standardised product.
- Maintain cost effectiveness by maintaining profitability in all areas.
- Constantly evaluate systems to facilitate improvement where possible.
- Ensure HACCP procedures are followed and clear records are kept at all times.
- Ensure the highest standard in preparation of food production and delivery.
- Exceed guest expectations in quality and service of food products
Food & Beverage Production Planning
- Plan and design menus for food as well as beverages.
- Tastefully do pairing of Beverage with food.
- Follows guidelines laid by the Executive Chef on menu plan and design.
- Manage staff in each section as assigned by the Executive Chef to ensure the proper use of equipment and efficient completion of all tasks.
- Monitor grooming and personal hygiene of staff to ensure standards are maintained to the highest level.
- Liaise with the Catering and Stewarding Departments in a professional manner to ensure event objectives are achieved and standards are maintained at all times.
- Oversee the stock take and stock rotation for the assigned section.
- Monitor the operation to ensure that food wastage is minimised and to maintain cost effectiveness and profitability in all areas.
- Check all equipment prior to service where applicable.
- Distribute work schedules in appropriate sections of the Kitchen and delegate work to ensure deadlines assigned by Senior Management are met.
- Liaise with Floor Managers to facilitate service delivery and ensure standards are maintained.
- Monitor the presentation of food to ensure it complies with company standards and guidelines as per prescribed recipe's.
- Record all recipes and update the manual as required to ensure the Kitchen has comprehensive information at all times.
- Oversee all front of house food set ups to ensure they are as per guidelines set by the Executive Chef.
- Organise rosters for casual, agency and section staff as per guidelines set by the Executive Chef.
- Promote an environment of team work to facilitate the achievement of department and Accor objectives.
- Monitor quantity and quality of food products for the assigned section to ensure compliance with Accor standards.
- Evaluate systems and procedures to facilitate continuous improvement in the delivery of products and services.
- Monitor the operation of the Kitchen to ensure HACCP procedures are followed and clear records are kept at all times.
- Training coordinates with the training manager, ensure new joiners are inducted with proper departmental orientation, explain tasks, and ensure that existing team members are empowered with new skills and wherever possible multi-skilling is done on merit.
- Maintain relevant documentation for training needs and completion of sessions.
- Counselling, every team member performance needs to be evaluated on a periodic basis and follow standard procedure laid down by the management. Motivate and encourage slow learners to enable brisk and efficient delivery of tasks.
- Conducts individual appraisals, understands need for motivation, growth and retention of team members.
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum 4 years experience in managing Human Resources function in a 5-star hotel / hospitality industry
- Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related major
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of talent
- Multicultural awareness and ability to work with a diverse community
- Knowledge of local labour law and practices
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
Your team and working environment:
Mövenpick Hotel & Residences is located in the new CDB of Riyadh, next to KAFD and Riyadh Winter Wonderland. Our 5-star Hotel & Residences is perfect for business or leisure travelers seeking genuine Swiss hospitality. Inspired by the Middle Eastern culture we offer 269 sophisticated rooms, suites and 90 spacious residences.
Mövenpick's famous culinary delights are offered in 8 venues all with panoramic city views including our unique outdoor Otium Plaza on the second floor and specialty restaurants on the 15th floor. Our elegant 4,000 sqm meeting and events facilities are ideal for posh weddings, large conferences or corporate meetings.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.