Chef De Partie
Boudl Hotels & Resorts
Job description / Role
Under the general guidance & supervision of the Junior Sous Chef in charge of the assigned area, responsible for the preparation of cold foods, sauce, dressings, food display’s. buffet set ups in accordance with Sheraton policies & Policies & procedures.
• Interacts and cooperates with other members of the kitchen brigade as appropriate.
• Interacts, cooperates with other departments and other sections of food and beverage as appropriate.
• Liaise with the Junior Sous Chef in charge to ensure cleanliness and hygiene standards.
• Prepares hot sauces, meat and fish, vegetables, rice and potatoes dishes, salads dressings, appetizer and salads, food display in accordance with established recipes and methods.
• Supervises & trains all staff in his bridge.
• Ensures that the section is kept clean & hygienic
• Works in Cooperation with the other sections.
• Reports equipment in the section needing repairs & maintenance.
• Learns the hotels fire & safely procedures & the operation of the kitchen fire fighting equipment.
• Assists the Junior Sous Chef in Charge in ensuring appropriate production level for the daily operation.
• Prepares mise-en-place for assigned Kitchen.
• Participates in Buffet set up and decoration.
• Adheres to portion control policy/standard plating instructions.
• Samples all foods, sauces, dressing on regular basis to ensure established standards are maintained.
• Stores all food’s, like sauces, dressings, meat and vegetables according to established procedures.
• Keeps his work area and Kitchen in a clean and orderly fashion.
• Ensures that all equipment in the Kitchen section is correctly handled and maintained.
• Complies with SHERATON hygiene and sanitation standards.
• Adopts the "Clear as you go" method of working.
• Complies with hotel`s health and safety policy.
• Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
• Shares responsible with the Junior Sous Chef in Charge for the efficient operation of the assigned kitchen, including food preparation, presentation, supervision, storage and a close working liaison with the other kitchen departments and restaurants. Also for proper handling of fixtures and equipment.
• Fully responsible for the operation of the assigned area/ Kitchen in the assigned shift and in the absence of the Junior Sous Chef in Charge.
CLEANLINESS AND HYGIENE STANDARDS
• Learns the local health authorities sanitation and hygiene
• Ensures that local & hotel’s standards of cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation are maintained, as well as SGS
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
• Employees answer guest question & requests to take personal responsibility to get the answer.
• Guest needs are anticipated and employees are sensitive to solve their problems.
• Avoids excess jewelry on duty.
• Wears hairstyle in accordance with kitchen standard.
• Wipes up spills and maintains clean, dry floors at all times in coordination with the stewarding department & all chef de parties.
• Coordinates & provides clean, sanitary storage for all refrigerated foods and dry store goods.
• Monitors uniformity and quality of product by (holding ) food in dated, labeled, clean & covered containers at optimum temperatures.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education/experience required.
• Four to five years of employment in a related position
• All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
About the Company
Boudl company was established in 1959 under the name of Saleh Naser to Khelaiwi and Sons Co. In few years, the company opened a number of hotels throughout the KSA & Kuwait. through its journey of success, the company created the Boudl brand which became the first brand in the hospitality field in KSA.