Chemical Process Engineer
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Process Engineer to join Northern Area Gas Producing Engineering Division, under Northern Area Gas Producing Department (NAGPD).
NAGPD produces non-associated gas from onshore and offshore fields safely, reliably and efficiently while protecting the environment.
You will be required to perform the following:
- Handle process activities such as studies and design modification in the operating facilities
- Develop simulation models for assigned operation facilities
- Develop, review and/or validate plant mass balances
- Check plant performance to ensure it is running up to its design
- Look for opportunities to optimize operations and implement them accordingly
- Use the software simulation programs such as HYSYS and flow assurance
- Provide technical direction/support to in-kingdom and out kingdom design contractors
- Formulate and implement long-term strategies to improve operations and reduce costs
- Lead groups of engineers in the shutdown and startup phase of existing plants
- Participate in standards reviews to assure inclusion of requirements that are of practical benefit to field operation and maintenance in regard to safety and efficiency of the plant
- Provide guidance on standards development through technical committee participation. Interprets standards and recommenced changes to reduce costs associated with overly stringent requirements
- Lead unit performance and capacity tests and prepare testing procedures.
- Conduct risk assessment
- Conduct process equipment performance test
- Lead process and equipment optimization studies
- Lead feasibility studies
- Lead PHA and HAZOP studies
- Develop implementation plan for critical recommendation
- Lead energy optimization/conservation studies
- Perform management of change (MOC)
- Verify system operations and performance after implementing the recommendation
- Provide day to day technical support to operation and maintenance teams, to troubleshoot and fix process equipment
- Review project proposals and detailed design packages for new and/or existing facilities
As the successful candidate, you
- Hold a Bachelor degree in chemical Engineering. Other advanced professional engineering degree in related field is preferred
- Should have a Minimum of 18 to 20 years of professional engineering experience effectively performing similar roles and responsibilities, preferably in oil and gas facility
- Must be confident with engineering and design principles related to process engineering. Must have experience in process engineering and design applications
- must be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of industry standards and procedures, such as API and ASMI codes, required to support the review of company standards, projects reviews and implementation of plant modifications to process systems
- Shall have experience with creating PFDs & P&IDs, troubleshooting process equipment and system failures, including pumps, compressors, pipe line/ piping and dehydration systems and Knowledge of HYSIS and other process simulation software is required
- Must be able to conduct a failure analysis, and provide recommendations for failed process systems and sequence of event reporting
- Shall have a good experience in dealing with corrosion related issues
- Able to communicate what are frequently complex technical, economic and commercial concepts in a clear and succinct manner, to individuals and groups from diverse professional backgrounds and demonstrate the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams producing reports, studies, and presentations that are pivotal in shaping managements decisions
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.