Job description / Role
Immaculate public areas, attractive grounds and efficient operational systems combine to make Fairmont Hotels & Resorts places of unrivalled presence. Apply your exceptional standards as Chief Engineer, where you will implement preventative maintenance and resource management programs in support of a safe and welcoming hotel for all Colleagues, guests and visitors.
Located just north of the city, Fairmont Riyadh will be part of a new mixed-use development project comprising the hotel, a convention center and commercial real estate space that will house multinational corporations as well as regional companies. The hotel will feature 298 spacious guestrooms, including Fairmont Gold. Guests will enjoy a selection of dining venues as well as spa and fitness facilities. The convention center comprises 4,000 square meters of meeting and function space.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist in the day to day management of the Maintenance department and ensure all standards are followed
- Coordinate preventive maintenance program for guest rooms, public areas and safety systems, working closely with Front Desk, Security and F&B departments
- Monitor, update and implement the fire safety plan, building evacuation and disaster recovery plan
- Ensure prompt and immediate response to maintenance requests for guests and Colleagues
- Oversee ongoing maintenance, repair and preventative maintenance for the Hotel with a focus to improve efficiency, profitability and service levels
- Follow the annual maintenance budget
- Assist in the monitoring of energy and water management programs
- Recruit, schedule, conduct performance reviews, train and develop engineering Colleagues
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in a similar role required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Engineering degree/diploma or related discipline preferred
- Proven ability to supervise multiple complex projects with a focus on results
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Eligible candidate will be provided visa to have work permit required as per the local law.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Project Manager
Rider Levett Bucknall
Project Manager - Infrastructure
Facilities Engineer / Supervisor
Big Fish Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||27 Feb|