Job description / Role
We are looking for someone to become an addition to our F&B team and take on the lead role of a Chief Steward. The Stewarding department is responsible for maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and order for all of the kitchens, dish areas and related backspaces for our dining outlets.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Obtain quotes from vendor's and enter capital project AFE's
- Ordering all china, glass, silverware, equipment, and chemicals for all venues and production areas.
- Set and evaluate departmental and supervisory goals in the areas of the budget of capital, labor, and operating expenses. Health & Safety, Sustainability, and the Employee Engagement Survey
- Create yearly labor budget and set staffing levels based on budget and forecast
- Conduct Audits and Performance Discussions for Stewarding Supervisors and Colleagues, ensuring that all Progressive Corrective Action forms are completed correctly
- Preform health audits with local health inspector and Ecosure audit representative while onsite
- Ensures all aspects of health and safety are maintained & exceeded according to Alberta Health Services and Ecosure standards
- Lead and train team on ALLSAFE health and safety regulations
- Foster an environment of positive cooperation within the department, and between other departments within the hotel, encouraging participation and input from all colleagues, while promoting professional work habits
- Conduct audits and gain feedback from the employee engagement survey process and put action plans into place and ensure goals are met.
- Active participation in leadership activities and meeting
- Input work orders on items needing repair
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Proven track record as an administrator, trainer and developer, and a team player with strong communication and organizational skills with all departments.
- Demonstrated ability to build a strong Stewarding team through recruitment, training and organization
- Proven abilities in attaining targets in all key measurements relating to financials, guest satisfaction, colleague engagement and standards compliance
- Proven ability to achieve fiscal targets through implementation of inventory control logistics
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel applications
Your team and working environment:
- Banyan Tree will operate and expand the Ashar luxury camp, embracing the region's Arabian heritage to blend in seamlessly with the Ashar Valley's striking natural scenery and stand in the heart of AlUla's planned "living museum" experience. Situated near AlUla's signature mirrored Maraya Concert Venue, the camp recently hosted guests of the annual Winter At
Tantora cultural festival, elevating visitors' experiences by connecting them with AlUla'snature, art, and ancestry.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities. By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.