Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
In Consulting, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best across industry and professional functional advisory services. We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational deep industry expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, always ensuring that we are able to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our Consulting practice currently focuses on several core sectors including Consumer and Industrial Products & Services, Energy, Utilities & Mining, Financial Services, Government, Health Industries, Finance Function, People and Organisations and Technology.
As a Senior Manager within Procurement & Supply Chain Management Consulting, you will:
- Support teams in end-to-end Supply Chain Management engagements focused on evaluating current state, identifying opportunities and creating holistic transformation business cases.
- Engage with cross functional internal and client teams, across business and procurement and supply chain, to develop and deliver end-to-end supply chain strategies, cost reduction initiatives and other recommendations.
- Work closely with procurement and business functions at clients to clearly define and execute procurement and supply chain strategies that align with the CxO agendas.
- Create and deliver senior CxO presentations throughout the consulting engagements
- Develop yourself personally, taking a keen interest in supply chain trends in industries such as energy, retail, aviation or healthcare and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Apply analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills to address the client's business problem.
- Assess supply chain functions, processes and information/data, understand gaps to best practices and develop strategies.
- Provide consulting solutions across the end to end Supply Chain: expertise in one or multiple areas such as (but not limited to) - procurement strategic planning and operating model, spend analysis, sourcing and category strategies, supplier relationship management, supply chain processes, inventory optimization, demand planning, network optimization, warehouse management, etc.
- Have an understanding of leading supply chain technology platforms including ERP modules to resolve problems and implement business solutions.
- Bring exceptional project management skills, from strategy through to execution.
- Write and present winning proposals and support in project delivery to our clients in the Middle East region in strategy, operational/quality improvement and cost reduction.
- Work with colleagues across the PwC network on client projects and internal initiatives, where appropriate;
- Keep up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world, especially on emerging digital trends and applications.
- Act as a mentor and train other members of the business unit and the project team in order to foster a high performance team environment.
- Whilst working in the team you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change.
- You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Education: Bachelor's' degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Engineering, Manufacturing, Business Studies.
- Masters' degree in Engineering and/or MBA is preferable.
- The following qualification(s) are recommended but not mandatory for the candidate to perform the role Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certification in Production & Inventory Management (CPIM) or any comparable accreditations.
- Preferable qualifications: The following qualification(s) are preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role - Six Sigma, Lean, PMP
- Years of Experience : 10+ years of relevant experience in one or multiple areas such as (but not limited to) - procurement strategic planning and operating model, spend analysis, sourcing and category strategies, supplier relationship management, supply chain processes, inventory optimization, demand planning, network optimization, warehouse management, etc.
- Previous consulting experience in the Big4/boutique consultancy.
- Technology implementation experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English and Arabic.
- The ability and willingness to travel where the project dictates.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.