Job description / Role
• Assist the OVH /rolling stock team leader in carrying out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities and minor modifications on rolling stock including passenger service vehicles, engineering support vehicles, shunting vehicles and Locomotive.
• Carry out routine vehicle inspections, inspecting parts for surface defects, changing of consumable items, perform minor repairs and technical cleaning.
• Perform heavy overhauling of the rolling stock and its components such as gearbox, axles, wheels, brake discs, bearings.
• Dismantle, assemble and replace new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products such as HVAC, brake, pneumatic system, car body
equipment’s and sub-systems.
• Safely operate critical equipment’s such as lifting jacks, forklifts, wheel press machines and hoist cranes during the process of overhauling.
• Maintain traceability matrix of the components that are interchanged/replaced during the overhauling process.
• Perform and carry out duties as instructed/ directed by the OVH/rolling stock team leader and other senior Rolling Stock Maintenance staff.
• Implement and follow Permit To Work process
• Implement LOTO procedure wherever required during the maintenance activities
• Perform shift and emergency duties when required.
• 3- 5 years of experience in railway industry especially in heavy maintenance.
• Strong mechanical mind and ability to grasp the complexity of inner workings of rolling stock.
• Knowledge of operating the horizontal wheel press machine and universal gearbox test bench would be an added advantage.
• Ability to write simple technical reports, routine business correspondence, prepare method statements and drawings as required
• Prior experience in shunting and driving engineering vehicles and/or locomotives would be an added advantage
About the Company
The First Gulf Company For Supplies & Contracting LTD (FGC) was established in 2001. The company has diversified into many industries such as Electronics, General Contracting and Trading. Over the past years, the company has built a good reputation supported by highly qualified professionals.
The Company was formed to create its business with a commitment to quality in order to provide the ideal solutions for each project. The staff of well qualified and trained engineers and technicians come together to produce significant and high quality engineering work.
Today, FGC dominates the broadcast Systems Integration business in Saudi Arabia, and rapidly growing in its other business of General Contracting and Telecom Value Added Services (VAS)