Job description / Role
Investment Manager Liaison Group (IMLG) is responsible for providing operational support and high quality service to the Investment Managers around the world, appointed by the bank’s institutional trust and custody client base.
The Client Service Representative acts as the principle point of contact and advocate (for both investment managers and partners) for any custody service delivery issues or concerns.
The Client Service Representative fully understands investment manager expectations regarding custody service delivery and is ultimately responsible for ensuring complete client satisfaction specific to Northern Trust’s custody service offering.
The Client Service Representative performs the principle responsibilities in line with documented procedures and “best practice” guides.
The principal responsibilities of the Client Service Representative may include, but may not be limited to, the following;
• To act as the primary point of contact for all custody related queries from the Investment Manager.
• Responsible for maintaining and enhancing service provided to the Investment Manager.
• Ownership, management and resolution of all Investment Manager queries
• Awareness of transition activity linked to the Investment Manager
• Identifies and manages resolution of service delivery root causes.
• Initiates frequent, proactive communication with the Investment Manager daily contacts to verify perceived levels of satisfaction and demonstrate proactive service.
• Participates in Service Reviews as required.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with all internal partners.
• Maintain and monitor all investment manager data and standing instructions.
• Monitoring and resolution of cash and stock exceptions.
• Ensure day to day funding requirements are in line with investment manager standing instructions.
• Resolves all ASL situations in a timely manner.
• Ensure compliance with all NT risk policies and adherence to ‘Best Practice’ documents.
• Coordinates / manages sub-account openings as directed by the Investment Manager
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Strong aptitude to learn Global Custody operational knowledge
• Ability to develop knowledge of Northern Trust products and services
• Proven Client/Customer Service expertise
• Ability to work under pressure to achieve the multiple daily deadlines for client deliverables, with a mature approach
• Ability to work within a team
• Ability to plan and prioritise their day to day workload to meet client deadlines
• Good written and oral communication skills essential to the role
• Ability to review and resolve daily queries
• Demonstrates an excellent understanding of risk associated with the role
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31,2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $8.2 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management
• $122 billion in banking assets
About the Company
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust has offices in the United States in 19 states and Washington, D.C., 23 international locations in Canada, Europe, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific region, and 18,100 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
Our guiding principles not only survived but thrived during the Great Depression, two world wars and the 2008 financial crisis. We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Financial Reporting Analyst
Executive Assistant to VP
Executive Assistant/P.A. to General Manager
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts