Job description / Role
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Our organization is looking for a IBM z & LinuxONE Technical Sales Specialist. Technical Sales Specialists partner with IBM and Business Partner sales teams to deliver industry centric business solutions to clients. As a client-facing technical sales professional, you will be guided by IBM's purpose - to be essential to its clients.
We are seeking individuals interested in making an impact in selling IBM's LinuxONE and IBM z portfolio including software, servers as well as Lab Services. The job will be based in Saudi Arabia. Candidate should have Linux technical skills and a ideally also a high level understanding of the IBM Z ecosystem and z/OS.
* Execute Technical Accelerators such as: presentation, demonstration, client discovery workshops, Proof of Technology and Proof of Concepts.
* Engaging deployment team to review key deployment milestones, architecture & design, installation and production setup.
* DevOps subject-matter technical expert to validate proposed client solution and customer requirements.
* Supports sales team on prospect customer conference calls, WebEx and onsite visits.
* Leads technical response to Request for Proposal and Request For Information (RFI) by writing clear responses to commonly asked questions and gathering answers from other internal technical experts.
* Supports business partner teams by participating in technical calls and meetings with prospective customers.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Ideal candidate will have 5 or more years of working experience on IBM Z platform.
* In-depth hands-on experience within z/OS environment and its subsystems and tools.
* Application development tools and languages on IBM Z.
* Technical consulting/Technical sales/ Technical Architecture experience in application development, testing and deployment.
* Strong consultative skills and successful industry solution and complex architecture project implementation experience.
* Experience working with international clients
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.