Job description / Role
Basic Function: Within the mission vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard Health Affairs provides physiotherapy intervention at a specialized level, which meets the physiotherapy standards of clinical practice and is in accordance with JCIA standards. Provides staff training.
• Provide specialty physiotherapy assessment and treatment for patients as per clinical standards of practice.
• Coordinate workload in defined clinical area.
• Liaise with medical staff to ensure the role of physiotherapy integrated with the team.
• Develop and implement training modules for SCDP training in defined clinical area.
• Participate in monitoring and evaluating clinical performance of team members.
• Support team members in making clinical decisions and ensure implementation.
• Play key role in development of physiotherapy guidelines protocol and other programmes in specialty area.
• Provides professional consultation guidance for team members with regard to professional development.
• In identifying and justify clinical area requirement and need in terms of space, equipment and staff.
• Organize and participate in continues team in service programme.
• Coordinate weekly team meeting, contribute to the Senior team meeting and attend wardrounds/wardmeeting.
• Liaise with clinical supervisor and Quality Management Specialist to ensure proper delivery of care in specialty area.
• Review and update clinical standards and practice in specialty area whenever indicated.
• Liaise with Q.M.Specialist to develop and monitor clinical indicators for specialty area.
• Coordinate monthly peer audit for her/his team.
• Comply with MISYS procedure as appropriate to his/her job requirement.
• Respond to calls from reception desk for assistance with clinical decisions and equipment provision.
• Take a principal role in providing treatment of VIPs and patients referred from the Business Centres.
• Take initiative in providing cover for leave/absence.
• Participate in Performance Review, Audit Processes Quality Improvement Activities and Emergency Training Activities.
• Take responsibility for own professional development.
• Report any deficiency in supplies of equipment or equipment defect.
• Record statistical data as required and submit within timeframes.
• Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Essential and Preferred Requirements (P-Preferred, E-Essential, B-Beneficial):
• Education: Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from accredited University Postgraduate education in specialty area - Essential.
Must be registered/licensed Physical Therapist or registered with Saud Council for Health Specialties.
• Work Experience: Minimum 5 year post graduate experience - Essential. Minimum 2 year specialization - Essential.
• Leadership experience- preferred. Teaching experience-preferred
• English Language Skills: Level1-Essential
• Arabic Language Skills: Beneficial.
• Computer Skills: Exper Level - Preferred
About the Company
National Guard Health Affairs provides optimum healthcare to SANG personnel, their dependants and other eligible patients. NGHA also provides excellent academic opportunities, conducts research and participates in industry and community service programs in the health field.