Job description / Role
Cluster Director of Revenue Management FRSS Makkah
You will play a critical role and be responsible for leading and executing Topline (Revenue) Strategies for all aspects of the hotels the FRS Makkah hotels cluster. You need to be a strong collaborator, communicator, commercial and revenue savvy. Also having strong people skills as you will need to motivate and manage a sizable team in revenue management and reservation.
The individual in this role is responsible for achieving strategic objectives, developing a revenue-focused culture, and building team capabilities. Also responsible for implementing the cluster revenue strategy through the effective use of technical systems, driving automation, and maximizing revenue management capabilities. Additionally, the role involves utilizing data, insights, and actions as a framework for communicating with the business stakeholders.
Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Swissôtel Makkah is Swissotel's first hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1487 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today's Arab culture. As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait complex, the deluxe Swissotel Makkah is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haraam, overlooking the Ka'aba and the Grand Mosque. Swissôtel Makkah is part of a new urban development, including two restaurants, one executive lounge, two meeting rooms and a business center. It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram.
Raffles Makkah Palace promises the exceptional standards inherent in the Raffles name and enhanced by Arab hospitality values. Raffles Makkah Palace offers 214 Suites & duplex Villas with breathtaking views of the Masjid Al Haram, the Holy Ka'aba and the city. The hotel combines the best of local cuisine and international dishes in each of its four outlets creating a unique and welcoming atmosphere in this diving setting. Guests can also indulge and immerse themselves in a relaxing sensory experience in our world renowned spa and fitness center or hold high-powered business gatherings in any of our state-of-the-art meeting rooms.
Swissôtel Al Maqam is Swissôtel's Second hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1624 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today's Arab culture. As part of the the Abraj Al Bait complex, the deluxe Swissôtel Al Maqam is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity of the Masjid Al Haraam, overlooking the Holy Ka'aba and the Grand Mosque. Swissôtel Al Maqam is part of a new urban development, including two restaurants, one executive lounge, two meeting rooms and a business centre. It has private entrances that make it easier for our valuable gusts to reach Al Masjid Al Haram.
The Cluster Director of Revenue Management will be reporting to the Managing Director of FRS Makkah Complex and dotted line reporting to the regional corporate RM / Vice President Topline Performance.
- Maximize toplines performance (Hotel revenue streams) through the application of revenue management tools, processes, disciplines, best practices and working closely with the commercial and operational teams to outperform GOR & RevPAR budgets and achieve forecasts.
- Deliver RGI growth YoY and in line with the agreed targets sets through ensuring hotel adoption of optimal business mix (channel and segment).
- Deliver a distribution health score (Rate Parity) above 80 across all hotels.
- Improve toplines forecasting accuracies across the hotels better than +/- 5% thresholds.
- Coordinate with the regional commercial team conducting hotel commercial reviews, action planning and RACI follow ups.
- Embrace a data driven approach with insights to influence, support and drive performance.
- Communicating on time risks & opportunities to the commercial teams for action where necessary.
- Making recommendations to marketing, digital, distribution and sales teams for shifting demand-driving actions to match need periods / areas.
- Provide market insights and recommendations to the Managing Director, hotel, and corporate stakeholders.
- Review and analyse competitor information daily, weekly, monthly, yearly.
- Review the effectiveness of the pricing optimization at hotel level through definition and management of all rates, rate levels, stay restrictions and other RM tactics, which are congruent with demand factors, and which are managed through all distribution channels.
- Ensure all related systems are configured correctly, validated, and working to full capacity.
- Attend owner meetings where necessary to outline the revenue strategies and foster alignment.
- Actively participate in the development and needed preparations of the annual hotel commercial plans & budgets
- Maximize automations using RM & BI systems such as rate shopping tools, RM Pricing Optimization systems, Data visualization tools, etc.
- Roll out Upselling and Restaurant Revenue Management programs across appropriate hotels and maximize incremental revenue opportunities.
- Support on Driving dynamic pricing vs static contracting.
- Support development needs, and succession planning of the hotel revenue teams.
- Produce and analyze current and historical demand including lost business turndown, rooms on the books, competitive sets, and market trends to aid in more accurate forecasting.
- Work closely with the hotel commercial team (Sales & Marketing) to determine effective and engaging rate offers to the right customer in the right channel.
- Monitors transient, group and tour booking pace to determine pricing and availability controls for all reservation distribution sources. Discusses changes to and implements those changes in distribution plan accordingly.
- Develops fundamentals and provides guidelines to maximize revenues related to the sale of catering events, function space and all other revenue streams at the Hotels.
- Completes all rooms and revenue forecasting to accurately project unconstrained demand using Demand Analysis Strategy.
- Works with Director of Sales and Sales team members to encourage strategic selection of the right piece of business.
- Tracking and analysis of competitive set pricing and yield strategies, gaining the ability to predict the comp set reaction to changes in the marketplace.
- Facilitate the weekly Revenue Management Meetings and follows the Accor guidelines for meeting content.
- Provides guided learning so that all areas of the hotel that impact revenue are fully aware of the hotels Revenue Management strategies and understand their role in the plan.
- Current experience in a senior RM / Commercial position with responsibility for a large hotel or multiple properties.
- Strong Revenue Management experience (6+ years).
- Strategic thinker, results driven, process oriented, and attentive to details.
- Able to inspire and motivate a team, providing clear direction, development and guidance to achieve revenue goals.
- Change instigator, positive influencer, strong communicator, and a team collaborator.
- Comfortable presenting to stakeholders with impact and gravitas.
- Strong focus on collaboration with the regional commercial team.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to anticipate business needs.
- Able to build and develop relationships with the business partners, and intermediaries.
- Able to establish strong rapport with the key stakeholders to ensure there is alignment on strategic direction of the hotels.
- English language, Arabic language and understanding the market is a strong plus.
- Adaptable, self-motivating individual with ability to bring others along the journey.
- Strong decision-making skills, calm under pressure and able to prioritize workflows.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.