Cluster Head Butcher
Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of contemporary hotels designed with the quality and care of Swiss hospitality. We are Swiss at heart and global by nature. We offer guests the quality of life, vitality and peace of mind they need to explore the world and discover life's true rewards "a passion for perfection". We put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Every memorable dining experience at Swissotel Al Maqam Makkah begins behind the scenes with our culinary team's commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Cluster Head Butcher, you will manage the meat, fish and poultry needs of our restaurants, ensuring a superior product for guests.
Swissôtel Al Maqam Makkah Description :
Swissôtel Al Maqam is Swissôtel's Second hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1624 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today's Arab culture. As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait complex, the deluxe Swissôtel Al Maqam is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haraam, overlooking the Ka'aba and the Grand Mosque. It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram.
Summary of Responsibilities :
Reporting to the Executive Sous Chef , the responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the department and ensure all standards are followed.
- Communicate with vendors to source best quality product and ensure cost controls are met.
- Supervise and mentor a small team within the butchery department.
- Create and formulate new recipes.
- Ensure daily rotation of all butchery items from the outlets to maintain quality.
- Liaise with the purchasing department to communicate quality for money ratio.
- Maintain consistency for all items leaving the butchery department.
- Keep inventory of red meats to ensure proper aging of meats.
- Handle and store meats, fish, and poultry in a sanitary fashion.
- Recognize quality standards in meats, fish, and poultry.
- Understand receiving and requisition of like items.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the following cooking techniques: sauté, frying, poaching, pan frying, broiling, grilling, roasting, braising, and understand which cuts of meat are best suited for all these various techniques.
- Keep production of food at an adequate level which does not result in excessive leftovers and waste.
- Ensure equipment and kitchen cleanliness.
- Supervise and schedule butchery staff.
- Assure that all cooks have all food items prepared to proper specifications in a timely manner.
- Maintain refrigerator and kitchen in clean, organized manner to facilitate the high volume production necessary to achieve company goals.
- Complete daily meat, fish & poultry market lists based on hotel volume.
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions.
- Adhere to and follow ALLSAFE health and safety protocols, ensure all colleagues are trained and held accountable for the set standard.
- Previous Assistant Head Butcher experience required
- Diploma or Degree in Food Production or related field
- Food safety certification
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.