Job description / Role
As a part of the Legal team, the Commercial Legal Advisor will primarily support the Investment and Commercial departments on legal matters pertaining to third-party commercial investments. Specifically, this role will focus on reading, amending, and drafting contracts related to master-agreements, investor agreements, and joint venture deals with potential investors.
A leading Real Estate Development Company.
• Review, mark-up/draft (from forms and from scratch), negotiate and close commercial contracts, including master services agreements, statements of work, licenses, RFP responses and supporting documents across the Business Services business unit.
• Provide rapid, practical, business-oriented legal/commercial contract advice directly to internal stakeholders.
• Researching, writing and editing commercial reports that might entail examining national, international and local laws to identify any rules they must follow or conflicts that might arise.
• Support the organization in negotiating price, deliverables, services scope, warranty and other commercial terms.
• Establishing or dissolving a business, merging two businesses, creating sales contracts, establishing non-compete clauses or changing a business's organizational structure.
• Apply innovative problem-solving skills and practical business judgement to maximize revenues, minimize risk and foster long-term client relationships
• Collaborate with and facilitate cross-team decision-making among the Legal team, Finance team, business teams and other internal teams.
• Manage assigned projects to completion.
• Assisting the legal department and other departments within the organization with commercial legal matters, including the planning, organizing and managing of work activities assigned to staff attorneys by the head of legal.
• Assisting in the development of commercial legal related budget recommendations for the organization.
• Very competitive package and benefits
• Working with a leading Real Estate developer on some of the biggest projects in the world
• 10+ years' relevant experience
• 6+ years' experience in commercial legal laws, preferably in the real estate industry, including at least 4 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities
• Substantial experience as QS/Commercial Manager/Contracts Manager on various civil, rail and construction projects working for main contractor, sub-contractor and consultancy.
• Must have ability to write legal consultations or draft or review agreements in English language.
• Solid exposure working within an international practice.
• Arabic literacy is a plus.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.