Job description / Role
Title: Commercial Managers
Division: Quantity Surveying
Rider Levett Bucknall has had a local presence in the Middle East for over 30 years. Commencing practice in Saudi Arabia in 1982. Since 2007, we have grown rapidly and now have offices throughout the MENA Region.
We are currently recruiting for a number of Commercial Managers to join our client focused team in Riyadh. You will be accountable for the effective delivery of commercial and procurement services to all operational functions, exceeding the expectation of the client.
- The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of the project
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established commercial/ procurement/ contractual strategies
- Individually or as part of a team operating processes for the selection, appointment, and management of construction and engineering contractors
Cost Planning including:
- Bench-marking experience and taking projects forward from inception is essential
- Preparation of indicative cost budgets and appraisals at both project and program level
- Preparation of elemental cost plans
- Provide advice and opinion in respect of our client development plans and expectations
- Value engineering studies
- Ability to develop and implement robust commercial processes and procedures for the client
- Providing advice on procurement strategy
- Assembling and seeking agreement to long and short tender lists
- Preparing and issuing tender documents.
- Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering contractors
- Managing and contributing to structured and documented tender evaluations
- Preparation of Contract Recommendation Reports
- Preparation of contract documents
- Tender Compliance
- FIDIC Suite Contracts knowledge
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Specific experience in the Entertainment Sector is essential to this role
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline
- Strong technical delivery experience
- MRICS membership is essential
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
- Strong Feasibility and cost planning experience (Pre-Contract)
- Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term relationships
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritizing workloads and delivering deadlines
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic, ambitious, adaptable – a strong work ethic is essential
We are an award-winning leading independent firm providing our clients with some of the most comprehensive and forward-thinking advice available.
We offer a range of complementary quantity surveying, project management, building surveying and advisory services from conception, through design and construction and operational performance of facilities to their eventual disposal or reuse.
Our clients have rapid access to the latest industry intelligence and innovations, which serve to enhance value and mitigate risk. We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation. We are committed to developing new services and techniques aimed at enhancing our clients' businesses in the long term.
About the Company
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.