Mohammed Al-Rashid Contracting Co. (MARCO)
Job description / Role
• Reviewing the terms of Sub-Contracts, Supply Agreements and Design Consultancy Agreements, including liaison with Procurement to ensure compliance with the company policies and contractual requirement.
• Preparation of project budget.
• Preparation of project cash flow forecast including monitoring and updating as necessary.
• Establishment of a payment schedule related to the construction programme for interim payment applications, including reviewing progress against the programme
• Preparation of final payment applications to Client, including the identification and evaluation of variations and claims and negotiations for final settlement
• Advise on the appointment of site staff for the commercial administration of the project including quantity surveyors.
• Establishment and implementation of procedures for the commercial administration of Sub-Contracts
• Review and certification of Sub-Contractors, Suppliers and Consultants application for payment, and evaluation of its final accounts including negotiation of variations and claims
• Monitoring of major Sub-Contractors progress by value to identify implications to main contract programme
• Identification, notification and evaluation of events giving rise to extension of time or additional cost
• Notification of insurance claims
• Report on all contractual and financial matters encountered on the project.
• Assist in the preparation of the Monthly Project Reports and the three-month look-ahead.
• Prepare Interim Payment Application.
• Liaise with site staff and design team and review “for construction” information to locate and thereafter evaluate the cost and value of all variations and likely future variations.
• Advise of potential “claim” situations.
• Draft responses to correspondence related with financial or contractual matters.
• Provide commercial assistance and advice on prospective value engineering measures.
• Provide a positive example for all Company staff.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of Company systems.
• Other duties as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Degree in Civil Engineering/ Quantity Surveying/Construction Management or it’s equivalent.
• 10 years experience in the construction industry.
• Sound knowledge and experience in project commercial aspects.
• Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in Ms Office.
• Self-motivated with good organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Able to cope with demanding schedule and lead/co-ordinate a multi-disciplinary team.
About the Company
In Mohammed Al-Rashid Contracting Co. (MARCO) We believe that contracting is a profession more than a business, which require accumulated experiences and continuous development by following the latest industry practices and building technologies.
With this belief as a foundation of MARCO since inception 1982,and by nurturing our accumulated experiences have been able to offer our clients high quality, outstanding services and solutions that fosters a trustful relationship that reduces the burdens of construction and puts the client at ease knowing that his project in good hands.
Contract / Commercial Manager
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Saudi Arabia||21 Dec|
|Saudi Arabia||21 Dec|
|Saudi Arabia||27 Dec|
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Ignite Search & Selection
|Saudi Arabia||13 Jan|