Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is an international specialist in the power industry, head office based in Europe with a newly opened branch in Saudi Arabia. Due to continued expansion and a desire to expand in the Middle East region, they are currently seeking a Commissioning Engineer. We are looking for a Commissioning Engineer with a background in high-voltage power transmission lines and a thorough understanding of the local market and culture combined with a proven track record in substation construction. The Commissioning Engineer will be based in their Riyadh office.
• Undertaking project site delivery activities, ensuring works are carried out to a high standard and to schedule
• Ensuring the safe and reliable commissioning and operation of HV power transmission lines and substation assets
• Monitoring and progressing work undertaken by third parties
• Preparing O&M manuals, handover certificates, and other technical documentation
• Ensuring all commissioning works adhere to company standards and local regulations
• Conducting final inspections on completed projects and managing the necessary paperwork
• Liaising with internal and external stakeholders as required
• Degree qualification in Electrical Engineering
• 5 years’ experience in the commissioning of HV and EHV power transmission lines and electrical substation construction works
• Very organised and able to analyse design and technical documentation, and the schedule of works
• Reliable and able to work autonomously
• Strong understanding of O&M manuals, handover certification and other relevant commissioning documentation
• Good technical knowledge of MS Office
• Fluent in both spoken and written English
If you fulfil all the criteria stipulated, you will be contacted within 10 days. If you do not fulfill the minimum criteria, we may contact you regarding alternative positions.
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.