Job description / Role
- The Communication Manager is responsible to project, promote and monitor the brand image to the marketplace and internally.
- He leads the development of the communication strategy, including branding strategy, project identity, digital strategy, etc.
- The job holder also leads the development of the communication plan, internally and externally.
- He develops and maintains relationships with media representatives and handles media inquiries, press releases and media reports at a corporate level.
- He also assists senior management with internal and external communication, such as newsletters, intranet announcements, website design etc.
- He shall develop communication policies, procedures, and guidelines and ensure adherence to them across the entire company.
Internally, ensures that employees are aware of changes and projects within the company. They distribute executive messages, prepare presentations and internal memos, and conduct meetings to share information. They may develop print materials and branding strategies for employee use.
Externally, represents the organization to stakeholders, interested parties, and the public. The jobholder serves as the company spokesperson to the media and the general public. S/He develops and distribute materials that may explain or convey the company's policies or position on issues. Other duties may include issuing press releases, arranging interviews, and compiling press kits.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Public Relations or a relevant field
- A Master's Degree is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate across functions with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout, and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including the ability to present concepts verbally
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach
- Proficiency in spoken and written Arabic & English
Experience Required to Execute the Role
- 15+ years of track record and demonstrated experience in a related industry
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).